Purchase by Points Fould-Up

boleyd

I thought I would use some points and get the Duchess locomotive. Well, they led me through several pages with options. In the end I never was able to simple say "take the points and give me the product. Glad I was not paying cash. I guess the points are lost as well...... Lesson learned.

They are now showing $8.00 and $7.99 as prices on one of the pages, of which there are many. It gets dangerous when they have issues collecting points, Imagine if it was real money.

I do not plan to use that convoluted process unless there is some really great product to buy.

Last edited:
I was able to get the Dutchess by just following the directions they gave in the email. At the link, your points show up on the right and there is an option "Ways to Redeem". I clicked that and the Dutchess was on the list. I just wasn't sure I didn't already have it, as right after I clicked I checked the content store and it said "Uninstall".

I just wasn't sure I didn't already have it, as right after I clicked I checked the content store and it said "Uninstall".
For those who do not know, the "Uninstall" option in the Content Store means that you already have that package installed.

Well it was a nice thought for Christmas, but there was nothing there I don't already have. I also don't need 2 of anything either. So I guess I'll keep my points until TRS2025 (or whatever) turns up.
Have a merry Christmas everyone and a safe and Happy New Year.

Back