PRR T1 'A Fleet of Modernism' Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all yesterday I Brought Auran's Steam Locomotive package PRR T1 'A Fleet of Modernism' and have noticed a problem with the passenger number selection menu not working on the sleeping coaches or observation coach. I Have i installed in TS12.

Does any one else have the same problem ?, and is it a know issue that Auran has to fix?.

Cheers
Jimbo

Hey, yes there does appear to be a bug there, we've added it to the to-do list and will provide a fix at some point in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, taking the coaches to a passenger active station will get some bottoms on seats. :)

Thanks,

~R~

Thanks Rob for the support, but wasn't N3V aware of this when the PRR T1 was released and if so then why has it not been fixed already, maybe it should either be withdrawn until fixed or a notice stating the fault with it rather than cheesing people off.
The 22nd July 2011 5 months ago it was released
steve

Last edited:
It is not just the T1, I've noticed it with other locos too. As I've only just moved to TS12 with latest hotfix patch, I can't say whether it was happening prior to the patch.

Evidently, then, this is a little-used feature, so asking Auran to withdraw it from sale doesn't make much sense.

Evidently, then, it would appear that the product was not checked properly before it's sale date, or no one could be bothered to fix it, really it can only be one or the other and to me that makes no sence at all.
And to state that someone else's statement makes no sence is totaly avoiding the hole reason for why the product is not working properly in the first place
What do you think RRSignal
steve

Evidently, then, it would appear that the product was not checked properly before it's sale date, or no one could be bothered to fix it, really it can only be one or the other and to me that makes no sence at all.
And to state that someone else's statement makes no sence is totaly avoiding the hole reason for why the product is not working properly in the first place
What do you think RRSignal
steve

It's an insipid statement to ask something be withdrawn from sale over a feature no one even knew was broken until 5 months after it was released. Many of us enjoyed the product this whole time even with this obscure feature not working properly.

Hey, while we're at it, let's take Windows off the market for bugs found months or years later, so none of us have anything to run.
icon_rolleyes.gif

So RRSignal Your the CEO of a company that sells some faulty products to the public that your company depends on to buy your products, how would you fix this problem,
and the hole sole reason i had never complained about this before was that i thought there would be a fix coming and at the end of the day i was only showing my support for Auran/N3V, so i never used it on my routes because of the fault
but if addons contain faults from Auran/N3V then i will buy else ware and not support the company, is this what a CEO or General Manager wishes to here.
I would have called it uninspiring not insipid
in·sip·id

  AC_FL_RunContent = 0;var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "15", "
trainz
", "6");interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high");interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false");interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t");interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsp.dictionary.com%2Fdictstatic%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FI02%2FI0204100.mp3&clkLogProxyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fwhatzup.html&t=a&d=d&s=di&c=a&ti=1&ai=51359&l=dir&o=0&sv=00000000&ip=7cb7b6cf&u=audio"); interfaceflash.addParam('wmode','transparent');interfaceflash.write(); /ɪnˈsɪp
thinsp.png
ɪd/ Show Spelled[in-sip-id] Show IPA
adjective 1. without distinctive, interesting, or stimulating qualities; vapid: an insipid personality.

2. without sufficient taste to be pleasing, as food or drink; bland: a rather insipid soup

steve

insipidadjective

<snip>

bland, boring, dull, flat, dry, weak, stupid, l

<snip>

Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/insipid

Yeah, I was putting nicely, the suggestion that the T-1 be withdrawn from sale because some obscure feature nobody knew about til now was buggy.

I could have said it a ***Stunningly Stupid Suggestion***, which is more accurate. To be blunt, I could have said a whole lot more, Steve, but I'm holding back here. Sorry that you weren't aware of one of the definitions of "insipid."

At least, try to be fair and demand every software seller to remove their products from the market because a bug was found at some point down the road, not just N3V. Again, let's start with Microsoft, then Apple, and so on... You know, so neither you nor any of us have a system to run faulty add-ons ON in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back