PRR Screenshots

River Bluffs..

Bobcass_20111009_0006.jpg

The leaves are in full pak Autum colors

The annual Altoona-Ladybug Population Explosion is in full swing again, and the critters are crawling all over the webcam, and thousands are covering the clock and funicular (and the visitors clothes) they don't bite though !

Horseshoe Curve Webcam: Click on Museum/Webcam ... Install the add on Axis Media Control, in the top notification bar of your PC screen
http://www.railroadcity.com/webcam_horseshoe_curve/index.php

If a bad storm comes with heavy rain ... alot of the trees will lose their leaves, especialy with high winds.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nsaltoonajohnstown/attachments/folder/1809755865/item/1740043465/view

Better get out and about, as leaves are falling fast ... or this scene will be comming soon.

Hoars Frost (Ice Fog) covers everything

img_8917.jpg

6196.1287531735.jpg

7984.1289180338.jpg

Pack your wet weather gear as rain & showers are frequent, stay at the Cassandra RR Overlook Motel, Gallitzin Tunnel Inn, or Cresson Station Inn

Last edited:
do trains still runs through horseshoe curve
and is this route still operational and which railroad is operating it

Better get out and about, as leaves are falling fast ... or this scene will be comming soon.

<snip>

Chase Gunnoe is EASILY one of my favorite photographers on railpictures.net. I love his time exposure night shots with signals lighting the trees and such.

7736.1318377808.jpg

6623.1318303863.jpg

4462.1316910653.jpg

(Sorry for the off-topic drift) Great picks (of the pics) there, Cascade! I wish we got colors like that in Florida!!!

---Scott

do trains still runs through horseshoe curve
and is this route still operational and which railroad is operating it

NS Norfolk Southern now runs @ 70+ trains per day, up and over the mountain, predcessor CR Conrail, predecessor PC Penn Central, predecessor PRR.

The proposal of a northern route from Scranton Pa to Ohio, and the southern route from Harrisburg through Somerset, were both abandoned in the before the early century, in leu of the less gradiented Middle Division ... which followed the Juniata River into the Ohio River valley.

PS: I just love available light photos, and time exposures ... the best !

JackieG: O.Winston Link was a champion on nightshots..And if I'm not mistaken, he would also do alot of recordings for trains..He was the most dedicated individual..:wave:

I commited a traitorist act ... MSTS

I am asking for help from some one that has MSTS, especially Austin Yoders Horseshoe Curve route.

I found a MSTS disc for @$22 on Amazon.com

The "Horseshoe Curve" route has 5 zip files (which took overnight to download).

I dragged the 1of5 horseshoe file into the MSTS/Routes file, I dragged the contents of 2of5, and contents of 3of5 4of5, and 5of5 into that "horseshoe" file.

Someone with MSTS please PM me ... Thanks

EDIT: I downloaded RouteRiter program and am experimenting with it ... I need help

Now it says that the Terrex file is huge, and needs to be compressed ... using RouteRiter

Last edited:
Last edited:
hi cascaderailroad, i know what you mean, i look for a week for that route, could not find anything on it, i gave up on it, that is a great looking vidoe,

The MSTS route takes a high end PC to run it ... and the Terrex file needs compression ... I tried to compress it, and the results were, it will not compress using RouteRiter or any standard method ... Terrex he Tefile is still 2.93Gb

Last edited:
Cascade:
What are u doing buying content for MSTS? :hehe: i gave up on that sim years ago! As u've said it lacks detail in everything and the route creating program, well, lets just say I was back on trainz surveyor within the hour...
I did get an add-on once but not the route in question, was the Mojave sub by 3Dtrainstuff, just got a single CD and followed the install steps.
Just my opinion but even from that video of the route I can see its not that special, sure some custom content here and there, but it looks like its all made out of LEGO or something..:eek:

Think I'll be sticking with Trainz for a little while longer, and by the sounds of it your thinking the same way :)

The MSTS Disc was only $23 ... and the Horsesoe route is free ... I just wanted to see what the route was all about, and what I was missing in content.

I will be sticking with Trainz, as my present DEM is 10 times more huge.

I have bought the Train Simulator 2012 (or RW3) Horseshoe. Easy to setup, i am sure u can do it. It is set in the 50s with GP7, F7A and tons of rolling stock. A must buy!:D

Back