Project Western

Timothetoolman

L.O.V.E.M.U.F.F.I.N
Hi all,

It has come to my attention that Trainz is lacking quite alot in the Western Pacific RR department, so, why not pick up the challenge of filling the gaps.
Firstly, if you'd like a look at what's been done so far, you can check out this trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNGFEOMBe8

As for what is in the shops, here's a peak:

In the F7 catergory there is 1 in Pumkin liveryand 2 Freight livery (second unit and B unit not pictured pictured) as well as 2 FP7 (second unit and B unit not pictured)
F71.jpg

In the SD9 department, I have a series of no less than 7 units, 3 clean (#700, 705, 706) and 3 in varying shades of whethering (#701, 702 and 704)
The paint schemes and number belong to the GP7's that ran on the WP but with a lacking of 'to-date' GP7 models avalible, I've used Ben Neals SD9s. They work just as well
SD91.jpg

The WP was one of the first railroads to use diesel locomotives, so steam on the WP vanished earlier than its rivals, yet I have been able to make some 'Protolanced' steam locos based on Ben Neal's USRA 2-8-2 and 4-8-2. The Mikado's wear real numbers whilst the 4-8-2's wear fictional numbers (IIRC the last number for a WP steamer was 499)
USRA2-8-21.jpg

USRA4-8-21.jpg

I am also looking into rollingstock. (boxcars, bulkheads, cabooses etc) although the main focus here is locomotives. I know there are some payware WP GP's over at RRmods but I do hope to create loco's of a similar quality (reskins only) as freeware, with all credits going to the original owers of the models (in this case Ben Neal and Justin Cornell)

If there are any quiries, thoughts, comments or requests, please leave a message here or via PM, or if you wish to help any any way, please let me know, and we can can then expand the Western Pacific in Trainz.

Cheers
Timo

Guys, I have seen these on my own computer screen and I highly suggest you take intrest in these. They are timo's best reskins ever and should be praised as such...

Stevo

I am currently making a fictional route for the WP, would that count as contributing? Also, maybe you could consider making a pumpkin orange B unit?

Last edited:
Yes, Yes, Yes, Go, Go, Go, Timothetoolman ... more power ... Auwhhh Auwhhh Auwhhh ... Auwhhh Auwhhh :cool: Everyone loves the Western Pacific !

Only one thing ... is the Williams Loop have a lake in the middle of it ?

Can't wait for the Kedie Wye ! (there is a RR hotel right directly down below underneath the wye).

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

That was EPIC music in the video

Why thank you. I'm sure the music made it EPIC. Seeing as it was made to be used in trailers and adverts I haven't been sent a Copyright warning... yet:hehe: I hope to make some in the future, although I won't be using WMM again, it just constantly crashes on me.

I am currently making a fictional route for the WP, would that count as contributing?

I don't see why not. Currently I'm not focusing on routes as they take to much time to create, plus I don't like building prototypical lines.

Also, maybe you could consider making a pumpkin orange B unit?

I so far haven't been able to find any images of 'Pumkin' B unit, so I can't confirm that they are on the waiting list. It is possible though.

Only one thing ... is the Williams Loop have a lake in the middle of it ?

It's actually the loop on a route on the DLS named 'Desert Mountain Plains' which is entirely fictional, but a good run all the same, and can be modelled to run in for all eras and railroads. It is amazing.

Can't wait for the Kedie Wye !

I'd love to see the Feather River line in Trainz, but I doubt my computer could handle it. That said, it would be quite a sight to see the Kedie Wye in it's hey-day during the 50's-70's.

Anyway guys, keep the comments coming, I'd be happy to answer anything that comes this way, but please, don't push me. I do have a life out of Trainz (just:hehe: )

Cheers
Timo

G'day all,
It's Friday night so I thought I'd make some 50 footers.

WP50ftBoxcars.jpg

The one on the right is a previous skin which I'm considering redoing with numbers. The center car has another 3 variations (whethering) and different numbers whilst the one on the left is based on a real car, but has been tweaked to my liking. Just another a few more items to look forward to.

Cheers
Timo

If you look for fishlipsatwork on the dls, his DEM for the Feather River Route is up there...

G'day All,

I am pleased to announce a new range of F7 reskins of the JR F7 pack. Production has started, but with a huge amount if skins coming, it will take awhile. To get a taste of what may come see here:
http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?276284-New-Western-Pacific-F-Pack-from-Gaetan

I know that the images above come from MSTS, it can give you an idea of the scale of what I hope to create. I'm still deciding whether to release them once they are all done or release a few each time. Either way, you have plenty to look forward to. This is a progress shot of the first unit
Screen5-4.jpg

Cheers
Timo

Last edited:
Unfortunately, those particular units are for MSTS, but we do have NS37's F7 in Trainz, which I'm happy with!

Back