Project Western

You mean like the WP U boat on the turn table?

SuperFudd_20110213_0001.jpg

That's the one...

Here's a shot of a F trio and a U-Boat on a freight. Note the numbering on the F7. Those familiar with the original, the numbering has been changed and I hope to have this updated once I get a reply from NS_37 over releasing it, along with a second A and B unit. this wil also include an update to the normal freight livery units.
Screen7-3.jpg

Cheers
Timo

Hey guys,

Just for those who aren't aware 15 F7 units have been released at the St. Louis Locomotive Works for Project Western. Thanks to Justin for permission to release the models, Mick for helping get incontact with Justin and Austin for allowing me to make St. Louis Locomotive Works the new permenent home of PW. You can go there via my signature.

Expect more releases within the next few weeks.

Cheers
Timo

Hey guys,

I have just released my reskins of Ben Neal's SD9s into WP livery. They are supposed to represent WP GP7's but with a lack of 'to-date' GP7 models, I made these fictional locos instead, and should fill them gap nicely. They should be up at the St. Louis Locomotive Works within 24 hours once Austin gets them.

Also, and SuperFudd, you'll like this, I hope to release my WP steamers within the next few days. Very special thanks to Ben Neal for permission for to release these, they are fantastic models.

Cheers
Timo

Am I going the wrong way?

Hi Timo,

Great models of the WP, you are correct, it seems that the WP is way too under represented in Trainz! I've been to the Project Western Site via StL Loco works, but cannot find any of the re-skinned SD9's and the F7's you mentioned here.

Am I going in the right direction? There seems only to be some steam engines available. I'm looking under the Diesel Trainz Tabs, and there seems not to be any content there. Any ideas?

The path I'm following is:

http://stllocomotiveworks.zymichost.com/diesel_locomotives.html

Many thanks

Rik

Hi Timo,

Great models of the WP, you are correct, it seems that the WP is way too under represented in Trainz! I've been to the Project Western Site via StL Loco works, but cannot find any of the re-skinned SD9's and the F7's you mentioned here.

Am I going in the right direction? There seems only to be some steam engines available. I'm looking under the Diesel Trainz Tabs, and there seems not to be any content there. Any ideas?

The path I'm following is:

http://stllocomotiveworks.zymichost.com/diesel_locomotives.html

Many thanks

Rik

Rik, I think you are following the wrong link. You should be looking at this one. I have all my content under the Project Western page, expect for some SP steamers in the steam locomotive section.

Cheers
Timo

Cheers!

Thanks Timo, got it. It's weird because I'd heard about PW some time ago, and the only link I had, was to the one which (as you have said) is the wrong one. All Google searches led to the same page, where none of your content was listed/ available for some weird reason. I tried lotsa combinations and all searches ended up fruitless!

Question for you. The CZ consist, is that Landrvr1's? Looks familiar.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Rik.

Thanks Timo, got it. It's weird because I'd heard about PW some time ago, and the only link I had, was to the one which (as you have said) is the wrong one. All Google searches led to the same page, where none of your content was listed/ available for some weird reason. I tried lotsa combinations and all searches ended up fruitless!

Question for you. The CZ consist, is that Landrvr1's? Looks familiar.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Rik.

From the video? Yes, that was Landvr1's stuff. I had a mate of mine fix up the errors so they worked properly in TS2009. I'd like to see how they run in 2012 when and if I get it for my birthday (6 days from now:D ) After I heard that it ran better than 2010, I had the feeling that it should be perfect for me as it only just ran 2010. Even so 2009 just runs on my machine to but I would suspect it was from all the issues with it that is slowing it down. 2012 seems to be flawless from what I can gather.

Cheers
Timo

And, before I forget...

Happy Birthday for the big day Timo (in case I get inundated with Trainz stuff on the actual day);) always good to be able to acknowledge a milestone - if a little early of course! Have fun buddy

Thanks mate, you're the first to wish me it. Someone at school had a bet to be the first. Guess I'll have to break the news to her:hehe:

Cheers
Timo

Happy birthday Timo! And many more birthdays to come to the man who gave the Western Pacific Railroad new life especially since the real WP joined Union Pacific in 1983. Long live Trainz and the WP content being made for it!

Hey guys, just searched the forums to make sure there were no Feather River routes in progress. I am very interested in doing it. I have never been to CA but I am very fond of mountain passes with lots of trees. :) I have the DEM and will experiment in Oroville where the DEM begins, to see if this route is for me. I am hopeful. I will also start a thread in a few days or so if the Oroville experiments go well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Sure, send it over. If you got any other ideas for autoracks mate I'm happy to pitch in some skins.

Cheers
Timo

Well, after over a month of nothing, Project Western is back with the launch of 2 sets of fictional steam locomotives, all reksins of Ben Neal's USRA 2-8-2s and 4-8-2s, all avalible here. All dependencies included.

Cheers
Timo

THANK YOU so VERY much, Timo, For the very first Western Pacific steam. I suspect purests might disagree but it is still a good start and plenty close enough for me. :udrool:
What puzzles me some is your choice of numbers. I suspect you chose numbers not used by WP because the locos are not of specific WP locos but the 2-8-4 Moutain look close enough like the Moutains WP got from Florida East Coast to have been given a real number, such as 177, in my opinion.
WP did have at least one 2-8-2 without a feed water heater (322) and yours might pass for it.
What really thrills me is coupling the C&O (i think) 2-8-8-2 to your WP tender gives me a WP Mallet such as 257.:cool:
Now we WPers need a WP style oil tender. I don't think WP used coal in California.

Back