Project Western

Looks closer, but i think that's as good as you can get it (forgive the nitpicking, there's a point to this). I know sometimes, on real world models, reproducing the exact paint scheme on locomotive or car will make it look too dark. So, for instance, if you were painting an SD-45 into Montana Rail Link colors, using the actual shade of blue used on the locomotive in real life would make it look almost black. That might be what would end up here...

but in any case, that's my inner nitpicker having to find something wrong with everything. I think it looks great, actually. I'm just a prototypical nut sometimes:eek:

Sawyer,

I have to agree. The lighting in Trainz just isn't the best compared to MSTS and in real life, it's basically the best it will get without looking dodgy. You'd have to do photo-reskins to get it more realistic, but in the base of this matter of rendering it ruins it, so painting it in Photoshop is better suited. MSTS models work photo-reskins better. However, whethering in Trainz looks better, especially when it is combinded with JR rendering.

Cheers
Timo

Hey Tim can you make one of the Western Pacific Geep's in UPY paint?

I don't plan to do one in UPY, mainly becuase I am trying to fill the gap between the 50's to 70's. I would need a nood quality GP to do it on, preferably with maps textures and a reskin kit or layered .psd. There are payware ones avalible from RRmods so I suggest getting them as I don't want to replicate something that is already avalible, freeware or payware.

Timo

I'm gonna help premote now...

rbar_164_20110228_0000.jpg

rbar_164_20110228_0002.jpg

rbar_164_20110228_0005.jpg

rbar_164_20110228_0006.jpg

rbar_164_20110228_0009.jpg

Stevo

Chris,

All those models are out ot date and I'd like to make reskins of more modern models or of a recent quality. Whilst those models are nice I'll looking to go recent.

Timo

Here is what I have Paint Sheded for WP. It will do me for now, along with some third party stuff. Only the switcher is on the DLS.

SuperFudd_20101125_0002.jpg

Timo, where can I get your WP steam engines?

Timo, where can I get your WP steam engines?

They aren't avalible just yet, I need permission from afew people for certain things. Ben for the loco and tender and the whistle and bells I made use sounds from MSTS which I found at TrainSim.com. I may change these to DLS ones but the whistle I got on the 4-8-2 is really nice and it would be a shame not to share.

In any case once released, you'd be able to get them from here: http://stllocomotiveworks.zymichost.com/pw_index.html

Cheers
Timo

I'm really liking the F7's Timo, They are coming along nicely and great pics Stevo i'll certainly be keeping an eye out for more.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Last edited:
Thanks Mick, noce to hear some JR jocks (orbeit one JR Jock:hehe: ) are taking interest. Probably gonna take a break from PW, need to get a bit more into school. Hopefully I can get more done in 4 weeks, thats when my holiday's start.

Cheers
Timo

OHHH you've mentioned a bad word there Timo "School" LOL... Well best of luck with school mate and keep working away at your WP Project looks like your off to a great start.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Thanks again Mick, and yes to that e-mail, I await a new challenge.

As for Project Western, I have 'unoffically' counted a total of approx 40 pieces of content, which is a lot. Post some updates at a later date.

Cheers
Timo

Hmmm, I'm not sure. If I had some pics of some I can decide on whether I do or not. I'm not even sure what a U-Boat is, well, at least in the US. I'm aware that in Britain a Southern Railways U class were nicknamed 'U-Boats' but I don't think that is what it really is:hehe:

Timo

no it's not...oh, wait, joke right? I'm bad at catching this stuff:confused: :hehe:

but seriously though, a U-boat would be nice...or five:hehe:

Back