Program Not Responding

Danl

:( I need to know if anybody can help with "program Not Responding". That is the problem I find when I try to lauch TRS06. I will click or the desktop Icon to opem the TRS06 lauch window,which opens OK. Then when I try to click on the Start button or the CMP button, the darn program freezes up. I installed the game according to the installation instructions and installed the update. I also disabled the anti virus and firewall, and checked to make sure my video drivers are up to date before I installed. The only thing that I thought might cause the problem is that I have two (2) internet browsers. One of them is "Internet Explorer" and the other is "MSN Explorer". When I check the "Task Manager" , I find that I have two CMP programs wanting to run at the same time. So I guess what I need to know is should I set up the MSN Explorer as a proxy server? I do not use Internet Explorer all that much. Msn Explorer is my main IP service.
Danl....................

How long did you give it after you tried to start. One of the things ive noticed with DLH and 2004 is that it takes some time to load all the assets of the game and you will get the not responding message even though it is checking the data base. Once checked it will start to work. Im assuming that is what is happening to yours as its the first time of launching.

How long did you give it after you tried to start. One of the things ive noticed with DLH and 2004 is that it takes some time to load all the assets of the game and you will get the not responding message even though it is checking the data base. Once checked it will start to work. Im assuming that is what is happening to yours as its the first time of launching.

It won't be. He's running 2006 and CMP. you're running 2004 and DLH.

His problem is that CMP is being a pig.

I would restart the machine and try launching CMP. walk away from the machine for a few minutes and let CMP do it's thing.

then, after half an hour, i'd see if CMP works.

regards

Harry

Back