Prod Passengers 2020

I for one would like to have passenger era as a selection in selectable era, in my case UK Steam and pre WW1.
I wonder what the chances are.

I for one would like to have passenger era as a selection in selectable era, in my case UK Steam and pre WW1.
I wonder what the chances are.

Don't hold your breath waiting Jack. The only way we are going to get a pre-WW1 passenger set is if a bunch of us get together and pay somebody with the right skill set to do it.

Annie

I already have a set from Paul however were produced to utilise with his carriages of the same era.
I have not managed to implement them as they need to be added to each and every carriage on my route.
Maybe he could adapt them to the built in Aran cdp?
I will ask him.
Don't hold your breath waiting Jack. The only way we are going to get a pre-WW1 passenger set is if a bunch of us get together and pay somebody with the right skill set to do it.

Annie

Just read this thread again from the beginning. Thread opened January 2nd and here we are almost three months later and not even an acknowledgement of the problem from N$V. Typical!

:(

A little trouble with a new passenger, making the renovated dutch doubledeckers VIRM2/3
he needs to stroke his hair and goes through my hull

I remember we had a thick gentleman in 2004, that always had a leg through the outer hull
guess I have 2 options, a bug report, or make him myself or maybe both :)

Naah! He's just holding the roof of the carriage on - as I see many car drivers do around here these days. (Others with their arms below the driver door window are simply holding the door shut). :)

What we need is a simple interface for setting up our own custom regions not unlike the one used for TurfFX grass, except not as complex.

A set of pulldown boxes, scroll boxes, and radio buttons that allow us to choose such things as region, era, passenger set, the number and era for carz, grid texture, and anything else that might be needed to start off with. The advantage is that we can then customize these settings any time easily rather than editing config.txt files to implement our preferences. The other advantage is this will allow those who aren't among the Trainz experts and uber geeks who find editing files and customizing parameters an easy thing to do.

In the end, this interface will accomplish the same thing except there's no config file editing.

As mentioned earlier, in the config.txt of the offending passengers there is an obsolete section that disables all other passengers.

Tinkering with that should temporarily solve problem. If you are running say old steam routes you need to remove the entry that relates to the 'steam-era' passengers, then all should be OK.

I have passengers from the 1850 and 1900 period for example (rather crude though) and as yet I havnt tried tinkering with the obsolete table yet if someone wants to give it a try and report back please.

Keep a backup copy of the original folder so you can re-install

Last edited:
Back