Station, Command & Various issues

gavster077

Hi everyone. I've just taken a leap from trs2009 to 2022 (and what a leap it is!) due to PC issues. But I'm finding some issues that I'm not sure could be a build/bug thing or just something that I haven't been able to figure out yet. So I reach out to the expertise of you fellow, devoted TRS fans to see if you have encountered these yourselves.

Issue 1) When I build a station, of various different versions (so its not just one type of station), it never remembers how I left it. So if I set a station to a 'Terminus' and give it '200' passengers and save the game, while it remains and remembers for the rest of the game, when I close the game and reload it the next day or time, the settings have reverted back to default, so a 'small' station with '120' passengers departing.
Issue 2) Also with all these stations, I'm finding its a bit of lottery for trains to pick up waiting passengers. Even though the carriage doors are opening, there isn't always passengers unloading and loading, very annoying to have a platform full of passengers, regular trains stopping, but the passengers just stand there and the platform remains busy! I've tried forcing a 'wait for 20seconds' command and used the 'load' and 'unload' commands to try to resolve these, but to no avail. I've noticed that the 'load' and 'unload' commands seem completely ineffective at forcing passengers to load and unload unlike its freight counterpart however, that seems to work every time.
Issue 4) Can we rename default items on this new version? On TRS2009 I could go into the content manager and rename vehicles. Really useful when some names are so long they are too long for the display in the game, so when you try to couple and de-couple vehicles for example, you can't find the vehicle (quantity) number. So it can be really effective to rename LMS P2 57' BT (SIMPLY LINED) WEATHERED 1 to LMS P257BT(SL) W 1, for example so the vehicle number is on display in game mode. It also helps when you use Portals, as any train returning from a Portal reverts back to its default name, so changing names in the game becomes a waste of time. Reasonable if you don't use Portals, but when you do, (which I have had too because it's the only way I can unload a passenger train at the moment), I'm wasting my time.

Also, (I'll call this issue 4!) since I've been on this forum, I've noticed that are some other build versions available such as 123801 but I've checked for updates and there are none. Do updates vary from where you purchased the game from or anything? I'm wondering why I haven't been able to get that myself.

So if anyone has an answer or even any info to any of these, I really would appreciate your feedback.

Regards,
Gavster077

Last edited:
Issue 1) When I build a station, of various different versions (so its not just one type of station), it never remembers how I left it. So if I set a station to a 'Terminus' and give it '200' passengers and save the game, while it remains and remembers for the rest of the game, when I close the game and reload it the next day or time, the settings have reverted back to default, so a 'small' station with '120' passengers departing.
Industry settings (including those for passenger stations) are saved in a Session and not with the Route. So you must save the session and when you restart Trainz you must load the session (which will automatically load the route).

Issue 2) Also with all these stations, I'm finding its a bit of lottery for trains to pick up waiting passengers. Even though the carriage doors are opening, there isn't always passengers unloading and loading, very annoying to have a platform full of passengers, regular trains stopping, but the passengers just stand there and the platform remains busy! I've tried forcing a 'wait for 20seconds' command and used the 'load' and 'unload' commands to try to resolve these, but to no avail. I've noticed that the 'load' and 'unload' commands seem completely ineffective at forcing passengers to load and unload unlike its freight counterpart however, that seems to work every time.
Yes, there are reported issues with the animated loading and unloading of passengers. I suspect that it is just some stations/rolling stock as it works with my selected active stations and passenger enabled rolling stock.

Issue 4) Can we rename default items on this new version? On TRS2009 I could go into the content manager and rename vehicles. Really useful when some names are so long they are too long for the display in the game, so when you try to couple and de-couple vehicles for example, you can't find the vehicle (quantity) number. So it can be really effective to rename LMS P2 57' BT (SIMPLY LINED) WEATHERED 1 to LMS P257BT(SL) W 1, for example so the vehicle number is on display in game mode. It also helps when you use Portals, as any train returning from a Portal reverts back to its default name, so changing names in the game becomes a waste of time. Reasonable if you don't use Portals, but when you do, (which I have had too because it's the only way I can unload a passenger train at the moment), I'm wasting my time.
A long time ago in an early version of Trainz I did just that. I renamed all my assets to shorter sensible (to me at least) names that were easier to understand. At the very first database repair all those names were changed back to their originals so all that work was wasted. I have never repeated the attempt. You can certainly rename any assets in CM but they will revert to the originals.
Also, (I'll call this issue 4!) since I've been on this forum, I've noticed that are some other build versions available such as 123801 but I've checked for updates and there are none. Do updates vary from where you purchased the game from or anything? I'm wondering why I haven't been able to get that myself.
Build numbers will vary depending on your Trainz version (e.g. TRS22 or TRS22PE), your SP update and your OS (Windows, Mac or Steam). There is a full list of build numbers at https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Build_Numbers

PS: build 123801 is the latest build available for TRS22/TRS22PE running under Windows.

Last edited:
The inability to change station type, add more passengers, or adjust the peak hours is a known bug. It's been reported. Let's hope it gets repaired along with other bugs.

I found I can change these parameters while in Driver and they will "stick", but doing so prior in the Session editor, they don't stay.

Back