Problem with route building

Patrick31

Trainz Driver
So i just started a test route for myself and now i have this weird problem that everytime i goto drive on this route the chase cam is stuck on the damn roof, what happened because before the last beta update no matter how many times i started a new route the cam was never stuck to the roof. Is there anyway to get it set back to normal.happens on every new route i create.

Nevermind it fixed itself again, no idea what this problem was had to start a new route 7 times to get rid of this behaviour

The camera points to the driver of the first consist by default, therefore, your session starts with the camera attached in chase mode to that consist. This has always been the case in Trainz as far and as long as I can remember.

In TRS19 you can turn this off by unchecking a box, which is on by default to always go to the first driver. When you start up like this, your camera is somewhere else, and then you can click on the driver list and pick your driver to use from there and ignore the first driver.

In other words, this is not a bug.

The camera points to the driver of the first consist by default, therefore, your session starts with the camera attached in chase mode to that consist. This has always been the case in Trainz as far and as long as I can remember.

In TRS19 you can turn this off by unchecking a box, which is on by default to always go to the first driver. When you start up like this, your camera is somewhere else, and then you can click on the driver list and pick your driver to use from there and ignore the first driver.

In other words, this is not a bug.

Not what im talking about yes it was in chase mode but i had no way to control the camera, couldnt zoom out or in it was stuck in one forward on roof position. Not the normal chase cam so yeah a bug for sure, i know how chase cam works and this wasnt the way it suppose to be

Not what im talking about yes it was in chase mode but i had no way to control the camera, couldnt zoom out or in it was stuck in one forward on roof position. Not the normal chase cam so yeah a bug for sure, i know how chase cam works and this wasnt the way it suppose to be

Oh... That definitely sounds like a bug as if you lost control of the consist and the camera. I haven't done much driving in this version other than to test some assets and have spent my time in Surveyor working on a mega-route as I force things to croak, but so far Surveyor is working well.

So report this so it can be zapped! :)

Just had the same issue in TRS19 for the last two days. Is your fixed now? And did it come back? My chase view does work on the first train in driver but all the others have your problem.

What happens if you click through keys 1,2,3,4? Is it only camera 2 that is affected?

What happens if you click onto another car in the other trains?

If you are in free rom (key 4), next to one of these locos, then click on the loco, does the camera freeze?

Does Ctrl-mousewheel change your view?

Click key 1 Cab view and view rotates like normal
Click 2 or 3 camera zooms to top and rear of engine. Mouse wheel will not zoom out and view will move 180. Have to click 4 to remove camera from train
Click 4 and camera sometimes move to roaming view and sometimes to map view.
Same issue with other train with one exception. I have a streetcar line independent of my track layout and everything is fine.
Yes if I click on a car it same as click 2
Ctrl-mouse will zoom but just the length of the car.
Also I tried a couple of built in route and don't have the issue.

Thanks
Chuck

Thanks for the info.

So is it limited to certain locos? What is the KUID of a faulty one (ideally on DLS, or provide a link to download it).

Loco are fine. Since my last email I tried various things and found the problem. Had a side track that was "TRS19 TRK JARRAH 5 no ballast PROCEDURAL" which did not have the issue. the main line was "TRS19 TRK JARRAH 5 tunnel PROCEDURAL SEASONAL". Changed the tunnel track with the no ballast track and thing right now are back to normal

As you can see this is user error. It was treating the view as if in a tunnel. The problem is I did a pick from a existing track and mouse wheel must have move and ended up with the tunnel version. You can read tunnel because the box is too small or the title is too long.

Back