problem with roads and traffic

nidagal

hi guys, i have a route which is around 600 odd kms, have a problem with the roads and traffic, the cars stop randomly on the roads, at Intersections and crossings, don't know what the problem is. would really appreciate if some could help.

ps. i have put Trainz interlocking towers, problem started after that, and i use Yarn(ish) intersections and roads and ATLS crossings and TRC crossings. actually shifting to TRC Crossings from ATLS.

thanks
Nidagal

I have had (and continue to have) the same problem with road vehicle suddenly vanishing - usually at spline points. I have no idea why or where they are going. And it is all happening without the fancy stuff like YARN, ATLAS, TRC. But to me it is not a big issue.

Pware, the cars don't disappear, they just stop moving and sit there like they are waiting for a signal to go green or crossing to open. it is not suddenly vanishing like it's happening to you....imagine a string of cars standing on the road doing nothing.... that is my problem.

I have had (and continue to have) the same problem with road vehicle suddenly vanishing - usually at spline points. I have no idea why or where they are going. And it is all happening without the fancy stuff like YARN, ATLAS, TRC. But to me it is not a big issue.

Are your spline points connected? I have run into this before at level crossings where the road was butted up against the crossing (my error), but never properly connected. Everything looked fine until a car vanished at the crossing.

Pware, the cars don't disappear, they just stop moving and sit there like they are waiting for a signal to go green or crossing to open. it is not suddenly vanishing like it's happening to you....imagine a string of cars standing on the road doing nothing.... that is my problem.

It sounds to me that you are activating a crossing, so the gates go down and the traffic stops, but there's nothing to trigger the train exit and the gate to open up. Check that you have both a start and stop trigger for the crossing. The first play to check would be the channel settings to ensure your triggers are set to the same channel and are all set to the same settings for the kind of rail traffic you are running. This is an issue in particular with the ATLS crossings, however, I'm not sure about the TRC because I haven't used them enough to remember the settings on those.

Hi John thanks for the reply, but my problem is not with crossings...traffic just stops randomly all over the map...even on a straight stretch of road with no crossings or intersections...cars start moving normally and gradually come to a halt and sit there doing nothing. and all of this started after i added Interlocking towers to the map...don't know if it has anything to do with that but that was my observation, before interlocking towers everything was working fine.

nidagal

tried deleting the interlocking towers, since i thought it was the IT's playing havoc, but it did not solve the problem, it still exists...so its not the interlocking towers, something else is the issue and i'm not sure what it is....kindly need help.

thanks
nidagal

Are your spline points connected? I have run into this before at level crossings where the road was butted up against the crossing (my error), but never properly connected. Everything looked fine until a car vanished at the crossing.

Yes, that was the first thing I checked. A mystery. It has been raised by others in a few threads but no solution as yet.

I doubt this problem is the same I have noticed, but I have to mention it: You have a parallel road to the tracks. There is normal traffic of cars going up and down. You drive the train and notice that the traffic slows or stops when your train get's near the bunch of travelling cars! Sorry, there are no intersections nor level crossings anywhere. Appears that the presence of the train affects the running of cars and they stop. Train overtakes these, and they start again! A nonsense situation, but who cares? We are there because of trains, not cars. Road traffic just makes the game more interesting so the "wow factor" is bigger. Interesting is that it happens at random, not all the time, not to the same cars nor at the same place. Go figure..

I doubt this problem is the same I have noticed, but I have to mention it: You have a parallel road to the tracks. There is normal traffic of cars going up and down. You drive the train and notice that the traffic slows or stops when your train get's near the bunch of travelling cars! Sorry, there are no intersections nor level crossings anywhere. Appears that the presence of the train affects the running of cars and they stop. Train overtakes these, and they start again! A nonsense situation, but who cares? We are there because of trains, not cars. Road traffic just makes the game more interesting so the "wow factor" is bigger. Interesting is that it happens at random, not all the time, not to the same cars nor at the same place. Go figure..

You know the reason for this it's railfans!

Yup they slow down to watch the trains go by and then drive fast again to catch up and watch the trains pass again. :)

Weird bug really. I know it's not a show stopper but you should report this anyway.

Yes, that was the first thing I checked. A mystery. It has been raised by others in a few threads but no solution as yet.

I've seen this before myself and not related to spline points. I think I solved it by reattaching the road to the crossing again.

I've seen this before myself and not related to spline points. I think I solved it by reattaching the road to the crossing again.

thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated..but my problem is not with crossings alone...cars stop in front of crossing even when gates are open.. in front of intersections and T-intersections and randomly on the road in front of spline points... that's a mystery... i know that this is a rail simulator and road and cars are not the priority but... the realism is lost when you see random cars stopped at random locations for no reason. and it's not restricted to surveyor, it happens in driver mode also...i don't think its a bug in T:ANE because it was working fine until i added interlocking towers, tried both built in and the enhanced interlocking tower.. after deleting those also i have the same problem...not sure what to make of it.

Thanks
Nidagal

thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated..but my problem is not with crossings alone...cars stop in front of crossing even when gates are open.. in front of intersections and T-intersections and randomly on the road in front of spline points... that's a mystery... i know that this is a rail simulator and road and cars are not the priority but... the realism is lost when you see random cars stopped at random locations for no reason. and it's not restricted to surveyor, it happens in driver mode also...i don't think its a bug in T:ANE because it was working fine until i added interlocking towers, tried both built in and the enhanced interlocking tower.. after deleting those also i have the same problem...not sure what to make of it.

Thanks
Nidagal

The roads though should not be affected by the EITs. The roads and their traffic are a different entity, unless you are using road-tracks instead of roads, and the traffic is actually trains and not roads, and you've configured things to work in that manner.

Road tracks are just that. Track-splines that look like roads so that vehicles can be driven on the roads-tracks just as trains are driven on tracks. You use these for situations where you want to drive the vehicles, or in other circumstances such as setting up specific traffic on the roads.

If this is not the case, I recommend reporting this as a bug.

The roads though should not be affected by the EITs. The roads and their traffic are a different entity, unless you are using road-tracks instead of roads, and the traffic is actually trains and not roads, and you've configured things to work in that manner.

Road tracks are just that. Track-splines that look like roads so that vehicles can be driven on the roads-tracks just as trains are driven on tracks. You use these for situations where you want to drive the vehicles, or in other circumstances such as setting up specific traffic on the roads.

If this is not the case, I recommend reporting this as a bug.

thanks for the reply john... i'm using the Yarn and Yarnish road systems... checked the dLS all are referred to as "road", none of them are tracks...except for the Intersections and T-Intersctions which say "fixed track" do you think that could be the problem...but then it did not have this problem before....so why now?

Back