Problem with Coal to Richmond Session in Updated Coal Country

gwhess

I just downloaded the update for Coal Country and am attempting to run the TS 19 Coal to Richmond session. Everything goes well until trying to enter the yard at Richmond. The "Stop" icon shows that I need to enter the yard with my train. However, in order to do this I need to change switch RYD 1. Unfortunately, the game will not let me change the switch and says manual operation is disabled. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this or has a solution.

Thank you,

Gary

I ran that session today using build 110491 and had no problem. RYD1 was locked, but correctly pointed to the left taking me right into the yard. As folks have mentioned elsewhere, you might try running 'prebuild' using TrainzUtil. This seems to fix a lot of odd happenings. :)

--Ron

Last edited:
I ran that session today using build 110491 and had no problem. RYD1 was locked, but correctly pointed to the left taking me right into the yard. As folks have mentioned elsewhere, you might try running 'prebuild' using TrainzUtil. This seems to fix a lot of odd happenings. :)

--Ron
Thanks, Ron. I tried to run TrainzUtil but it never opened. Not familiar with it so may be doing something wrong.

Gary

TrainzUtil is in the Developer tab on the Trainz launcher. It says "Run TrainzUtil Command...". Just click on it and type in "prebuild" (without the quotes).

--Ron

gwhess - TrainzUtil should appear in the Developer tab of the Launcher -IF- you have 'Enabled Advanced debug tools' in the DEV tab of the Trainz Settings dialog.
Check that tab first - enable the advanced tools if it is not already ticked, then exit TRS19 and restart the executable. Look for 'Run TrainzUtil command...' in the Developer tab of Launcher.
BTW: This utility is excellent for beta testers wishing to pre-cache their installed assets as the beta builds are sent out without this 'Prebuild' functionality completed by N3V as they do for standard builds.
All this will do is pre-cache the installed assets where applicable. An Extended Database Repair (EDBR) however, is a much better diagnostic and remedial tool that takes about the same time to run as the Prebuild command in TrainzUtil.
To run an EDBR, hold down the Ctrl Key whilst clicking on 'Rebuild Database' option in the Developer menu of Launcher.
Also BTW: There are recent posts from other users experiencing issues with the Coal Country session updates, particularly with the Navigation Display icons/ onscreen driver instructions, etc. Check those out too.

Last edited:
Ok, I activated the TrainzUtil and ran prebuild. Ran session again. As I approached RYD1 it was lined up properly. However, as I drew closer, it suddenly switched back to continue straight ahead and I was unable to change it back. Frustrating!

Gary

Ok - thought as much - pre-caching wasn't going to assist with this session problem in any event. An EDBR just might, but a quicker fix would be to go into Session Edit... mode in Surveyor prior to running the session again to change the junction to the desired setting beforehand. (Move to the junction, hit F4 (Tracks flyout), Choose Trackside Mode 'Y', Select Junction Direction 'J', Click on the junction arrows to switch their points to the desired direction. Exit and save).
If you are unable to save a payware session for any reason, then another option is to go into Map View 'M' (in Driver) as you approach the junction that is set against you. Zoom in so you can clearly see the junction arrows and then click on them to change the direction in Map View. In some cases, this is the only way to reset some junctions ahead of your loco in busy yards, etc.

Ok - thought as much - pre-caching wasn't going to assist with this session problem in any event. An EDBR just might, but a quicker fix would be to go into Session Edit... mode in Surveyor prior to running the session again to change the junction to the desired setting beforehand. (Move to the junction, hit F4 (Tracks flyout), Choose Trackside Mode 'Y', Select Junction Direction 'J', Click on the junction arrows to switch their points to the desired direction. Exit and save).
If you are unable to save a payware session for any reason, then another option is to go into Map View 'M' (in Driver) as you approach the junction that is set against you. Zoom in so you can clearly see the junction arrows and then click on them to change the direction in Map View. In some cases, this is the only way to reset some junctions ahead of your loco in busy yards, etc.
I edited the session and then ran it. The switch was aligned properly and then changed at the last minute again. Went into Map View but switch was also locked there and was unable to change it.

Thank you for your help. I have a Gold subscription but am considering canceling it. Too many problems with the program.

Back