probably a stupid question.......

how do you change what cars are on a road, namely andi06's roads?
I have Bridgehampton, which uses the same roads but the cars on that are more suitable to a UK route than the default ones.
its probably reeeeally obvious!
Thanks
Rob

Rob,

The cars are held against the "Region" for a route. I can't remember in TS2009 but in TS2010 Surveyor if you go to "Edit Route" you can change the "Region" to one more suitable for your needs. If you can do this in TS2009 then it should solve your problem.

Otherwise it comes down to a direct edit of the config.txt file which is a bit more complex. Beyond this you can, if you wish, define your own region and set exactly what cars you want (by picking them individually) - this gets even more complex to explain than it is to do!

If you read this post http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showpost.php?p=879378&postcount=5

you will find the answer you need. The thread is about changing the default switch lever in a region but in the screen shot supplied you can see the entries in the config.txt file like ..

car0 <kuid447264:1132>

etc

These are the kuid codes you will need to edit to change the cars to those of your choosing - obviously you will need a list of the kuid codes for the cars you want to substitute.

Follow the instructions shown (even though the thread is about changing something else the steps should be the same - unless I have missed something here:confused:). As the warning at the start of the post states - backup before trying this.

Peter Ware

Rob,

Peter's post got me thinking, very painful !

If you are brave enough... Content Manager > File menu > New Asset > When the config.txt appears right click and select "Edit in CCP". > Pick "Region" from the list and then right click on the top of the tree and add the carz tag(s). This will allow you to create your own Region file and has a lookup table for the cars but it's all down to names and numbers (no pictures). It's not for the faint hearted and I'm not aware of any documentation on this (maybe somebody is ???).

Back