Posting attachments

TheFlyingElf

This is, I think, a message aimed at the moderators...

I notice that my permissions do not allow me to post attachments...how do I get that changed so I can?

Cheers,

Nige

This is, I think, a message aimed at the moderators...

I notice that my permissions do not allow me to post attachments...how do I get that changed so I can?

Cheers,

Nige

I'm not a mod, but I think the same rule applies to all members.

I thought the same thing when I first joined the forum, but screenshots aren't attachments. You actually have to host the pictures somewhere else and then insert the address in your post where the pictures are found for display. I think alot of members here use imageshack for their pictures, however, my ISP is comcast and I have my pictures there for viewing. Look at the Screenshots sticky and I think it will explain better than I can.
I'm not sure, but I believe that the attachments authority is for attaching files to emails to other members.
Mike

I thought the same thing when I first joined the forum, but screenshots aren't attachments.
I'm not sure, but I believe that the attachments authority is for attaching files to emails to other members.
Mike

Hi

Screenshots can be attachments , also includes .txt .rar .zip etc. all extensions are set on the Admin panel and are files virus checked on the fly . vBulletin ( and other BBS software) has the ability to allow you to attach files to your messages, uploading the files to the host server , in this case Aurans server ... a good idea used elsewhere, but I don't see it happening here.

BN

Hi

Screenshots can be attachments , also includes .txt .rar .zip etc. all extensions are set on the Admin panel and are files virus checked on the fly . vBulletin ( and other BBS software) has the ability to allow you to attach files to your messages, uploading the files to the host server , in this case Aurans server ... a good idea used elsewhere, but I don't see it happening here.

BN

That applies to the DLS, not the Forum. Binary attachments are restricted but links to files on remote servers like screenshots and archived files are allowed.

Back