Please help....

dash56

Hi guys,

Please help me with this problem: I had TS2009 completely free of missing dependencies.

After installing a new layout (Western Maryland Thomas Sub), and after downloading ALL its dependencies, when checking the download with Content Manager, A LOT of missing dependencies shows up (lots of Proto Lars items, lots of pofig's items, etc). 151 items in total

I tried a quick database repair and nothing happened. Also, I selected all the items and commited them, and nothing happens.

Surely I did something wrong, but I don't know what....

Please help!! :'(

Do you know for sure, you had the Proto Lars items and Pofigs items before downloading all that? Otherwise, you will need to acquire them, as they are not all on the DLS.

If you install a route and session then you may have to DL these dependentces now.
ProtoLars has 78 items itself.

Hang on! TRS09? Pofig? Pretty sure Pofig's stuff is all TS10 and up.

On the ProtoLars stuff you probably have a ton of missing sub-dependencies, that is dependencies of the dependencies. Best fix would be to head over to TPR and download the entire ProtoLars pack, that way you deffinitely get the lot....

Hang on! TRS09? Pofig? Pretty sure Pofig's stuff is all TS10 and up.

On the ProtoLars stuff you probably have a ton of missing sub-dependencies, that is dependencies of the dependencies. Best fix would be to head over to TPR and download the entire ProtoLars pack, that way you deffinitely get the lot....

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

These Pofig's missing assets appeared after I downloaded the route (Western Maryland Thomas Sub), which according to TPR is TS2009 compatible. Also, regarding the ProtoLars assets, I downloaded the entire pack, installed it and after realising they were missing, I re installed them again, with no results - they are still missing.

I am running TS2009 (SP4), wich in my understanding, makes TS2010 content playable in 2009. Am I right?

Please advise.

TRS2009 SP4 is TS10 without speedtrees, and therein I suspect lies your Pofig problem...

Yep, SP4 does not have the SpeedTree plugin which is only available in 2010 upwards.

Thanks for your clarification guys.

Then, the fact that speedtress are not present in TS2009, may impede the route from functioning in 2009? In other words, what can happen if I run the route without speedtress?

After you have tracked down the non tree missing bits, Just use the delete missing assets function on the route if it shows anything missing in CM to tidy things up. Nothing to stop you using older trees either if you get bored with a bald route.

After you have tracked down the non tree missing bits, Just use the delete missing assets function on the route if it shows anything missing in CM to tidy things up. Nothing to stop you using older trees either if you get bored with a bald route.

He could use the backdrops done by Ray whiley, they look quite good.

Nothing, it's just the route without trees, doesn't affect anything.

Thanks a lot to all of you...:) I solved the protolars problem....it was all about dependencies of dependencies as Dermmy suggested above....and now is solved. The only missing assets are those pofigs related to speedtrees. So the route should run fine now. Thanks again.

Thanks Malc. I will try that !!

He could use the backdrops done by Ray whiley, they look quite good.

Those backdrops are available at the DS? I search for them and nothing shows up...

For those of us new to Trainz what are Profig and ProtoLars?

I googled both and found some info that didn't make a lot of sense on ProtoLars but nothing on Profig...

ProtoLars is a system of interactive industries where you drop off an empty (or loaded) car (or cut of cars), go away and come back later and it is loaded (or empty!).

Pofig is a 3rd party content creator who has a huge range of speedtrees available from his site. Search the forum for links.

Back