Permission Generating Tool (runasadmin) version 1.1 released!

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Moderators - if this is in the wrong place, please put it in the right place.

Hi Trainzers,

Some of you may remember me releasing the Permission Generating Tool a while ago in order to fix a problem with editing files in the Trainz folders.

I can now announce version 1.1 of the tool, which adds the ability of actually setting the Trainz programs to run as administrator (for either the current user or all users) without having to manually go into the Properties box for each file and manually setting it up.

This tool works with Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 (normal version - it will not work on RT versions), and requires .NET Framework 2, which you should already have present.

This may seem a bit strange if it's already removed the restrictions on the Trainz folder, but it does help when running third-party utilities like the PEVSoft tools (also on my tutorial site), and it may also help resolve access conflicts caused by not running Trainz as administrator.

I know that some users already know how to set up programs to run as administrator, but this may only apply to the .exe file that it is launched from.

The download link is available from it's own page at http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/en/home/utilities/permission-generating-tool.

Feedback is appreciated on this. I have tested it, so there should not be any issues (unless you put in the wrong folder, but that's user error, not program error).

Be aware that the new feature requires access to the Registry in order to perform this task.

Shane

Last edited:
Back