Pantographs

builder300544

Wrong side of 65
Hi,

Is there any way of adjusting the height of the pantograph whilst in Driver mode, either by way of a driver command or a trigger.

I know there is a driver command which will lower or raise the pantograph but I,m looking for something that will set a height between fully lowered and fully raised.

Cheers, John

Not without a fancy scripted pantograph.

Cheers
Dave

Hi,
Thats a shame. I think theres nothing worse than watching a train with a pantograph entering a tunnel with the pantograph slicing through the roof.

Cheers, John

Hi,
Thats a shame. I think theres nothing worse than watching a train with a pantograph entering a tunnel with the pantograph slicing through the roof.

Cheers, John

It sounds like the tunnel you are using, requires lifting up to the correct height to allow for an overhead wire, in reality a loco does not lower it's pant to go through a tunnel.

Which electric locos are you driving, the old ones off the DLS, or, eldavo's superb Payware Class 92's, which you can manually alter for British and European catenary height ???

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Hi,

It sounds like the tunnel you are using, requires lifting up to the correct height to allow for an overhead wire, in reality a loco does not lower it's pant to go through a tunnel.

I,m not sure that this is correct. The pantograph follows the height of the wire and this varies considerably.

Look at the photos below,

PantHigh.jpg

pantlow.jpg

Also see picture below which is of one of the tunnel entrances

tunnelentrance.jpg

As you can see the pantograph has to be quite low to fit into the tunnel.

Which electric locos are you driving, the old ones off the DLS, or, eldavo's superb Payware Class 92's, which you can manually alter for British and European catenary height ???

I,m driving my own metro unit which I have just uploaded to the DLS and my own pantograph which was designed to fit 'bloodnoks' UK cantenery set.

Cheers, John

Last edited:
Hi :wave:

You can set eldavo's panto's up to simulate going under bridges and tunnels by using the triggers that come with the 92 and switching between uk and euro height, its a classy peice of kit really. You reallyneed 3 variations so you normal height lower for tunnels and higher for road crossings.

Cheers

Lots

Hi,

Unless I,m missing something, Eldavo,s pantograph does not allow it to be dropped to an almost horizontal position. I assume that this is why Eldavo makes his comment in the second post of this thread.

Thinking about this I suppose I could re-do the pantograph so that the open position suits the UK height and the closed position suits the tunnel height. Not exactly prototypical but is better than pantographs slicing through the roof.

Cheers, John

Last edited:
Back