Paintshed for Trainz 2006

scoobster28

I own the 5 disc set (if it matters, maybe they are all like that) and I used the paintshop from Trainz Railway Simulator "Ultimate Collection." How can I transfer the engines from that to Trainz 2006? In the alternate, how do I design trains using Trainz 2006? I don't see a paintshed option.
Thanks.

PaintShed is found in CMP under the PaintShed Templates tab.

As far as importing items from a previous version of Trainz into TRS2006 see here.

HTH

Dave

So I tried the first method, and everything seemed to work out well. It said that they had been copied, or imported, or whatever. But when I then ran the game, they did not show up in the "railyard" or anywhere else. Am I missing the "final" step or something?

Maybe it would be just easier to do them again in Trainz 2006. I saw where the templates were under CMP, but where do I click to actually start the program. Clicking the templates did nothing for me.

Sorry for all of the questions!

Then talk to helpdesk about it as the link works fine here.

Dave

It would be easier for you to copy & paste it for him Dave, surely you realise by now that it will probably be months before they find a "Web Administrator" with the power to enable him to see that link.

All helpdesk can do is put him on the "List" of members with posting restrictions.

It would be easier for you to copy & paste it for him Dave, surely you realise by now that it will probably be months before they find a "Web Administrator" with the power to enable him to see that link.

All helpdesk can do is put him on the "List" of members with posting restrictions.

Sorry but I'm following what Alan_Yeomans mentions in this thread.

As Alan mentions he doesn't like it when users post threads to the wrong sections of the forum and the tutorial that I have is in the correct section of the forum if it was moved to here then it wouldn't as it has nothing to do with Surveyor, Operators & Engineers it does deal with TRS2006 and therefor in the TRS2006 forum.

HTH

Dave

But surely an exception or 2 isn`t going to hurt, given the circumstances with the forum at present.

Alan, if you read this, could you let us know if you will allow it, just for an interim period ?

So I tried the first method, and everything seemed to work out well. It said that they had been copied, or imported, or whatever. But when I then ran the game, they did not show up in the "railyard" or anywhere else. Am I missing the "final" step or something?

Maybe it would be just easier to do them again in Trainz 2006. I saw where the templates were under CMP, but where do I click to actually start the program. Clicking the templates did nothing for me.

Sorry for all of the questions!

I have the same problem, I have some reskins that were made for 2004 and they will NOT show up in 2006. Reading the config file it states that I need Paintshed, but Paintshed comes with 2006. :mad:

does anyone know how to put paintshed reskins into trainz but i think it appears in the content manager im really sure but how can i make it come up in 2006? my paintshed is for Trainz, UTC, 2004 and 2006. do i need to commit some of the objects (whatever that means) and i already did that. so any suggestions

Back