Ownership?

daveyoi

Will someone from Auran please give me my money back.. I am 100% fed up of dealing with the numpties you employ as a "helpdesk".

I have made a claim back through Paypal - all you have to do now is give me money back and we can part ways never for you to annoy me again!

How much pain do I have to go through with you people? You are the biggest shower of feckers I have ever had the non-pleasure of dealing with.

Could someone with brain please look at my open ticket - and if you cant help me .. give me my money back.

While your at it - train your staff to do more than cut and paste - and to actually READ (yes thats right READ) the information passed before responding. Its not rocket science.

David Andrews

Have you ever heard the old saying that "you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"? I'm not sure that the tone of your post is going to catch you many flies. I've never had a problem with helpdesk. As long as my questions are clear, I've always received a prompt and accurate reply.
Is there some problem that we here on the forum might be able to help you with? I'm sure that if we can, we'd be happy to.
Mike

need help

Does Trainz program install, and does it work (surveyor, driver) ? I paid $14.95 (USD) and it works on Vista-3 Gig Ram, 500 HardDrive, 8600 VideoCard, and it works allmost flawlessly. I think I have gotten my moneys woth out of it. We forum members oftentimes can help you fix problems.

All,

The purpose of this post wasnt to flame/insight or actually inform any of the forum users. It was to bring my issue to a wider audience at Auran.. I know that people outside of the helpdesk read here.

So was hoping maybe for a bit of ownership. Im glad you all had adequate responses from the helpdesk - I however have not.

The tone of my post is only born out of pure frustration. Surely judgement of service received can only be judged by the person receiving it.

Thanks for the offers of help - but I already posted on the forums and there was no one who could help - hense the ticket to helpdesk - who cant help.

Cheers
Dave

The Helpdesk is the better way to contact Auran. Surprisingly enough, the forums are not. However, if you want to spread the word to the community, this is definitely the place. However, I'll keep your message here.

Boco

Since the re-organization of Auran the help desk is no longer run by special staff. It's been cited in these forums on dozens of occasions that the desk is now being manned (probably less frequently) by the development staff themselves. In the same forum posts they have asked us to be patient and to restrict our requests to urgent matters only. If your problem is one of a technical nature, the guys and gals on this forum can be very helpful indeed.

Let us all please keep in mind that the help desk is a "service" Auran offers to Trainz users. I'm not sure you would find such a service with MSTS or Flight Simulator, so it's something we should all respect. Judging by some of the complaints on this forum, people are swamping the help desk with problems that could easily be answered by forum regulars or reading the User's Manual.

Last edited:
I think I missed the point of this thread. What actually happened? based on the information provided in the thread it looks to me like you want your money back from auran because you don't like the replies (or lack of) from the helpdesk (a free service).

Are you having problems with the program? You still waiting for TS09 DVD or DD? or just want to rant?

Oh and JohnK and everyone else; Alan Yeomans (I think I spelt that right) is back; being the full-time helpdesk person. In all my dealings with him I have never gotten a "copy paste" responce or a meaninless one.

peter

Last edited:
Will I sent them (Helpdesk) an E-mail just after 09 was released and got a reply within 10 days,it was a small request they couldn't fill it but they replied.
I too don't know what you are upset about but I think it has to do with a FCT, is that wright?

danny5

I do use cut'n'paste where I have to repeat myself several times.

Another one coming...

How to create a TrainzDiagnostic file

1) Goto the TRS installation folder ... Auran\TS2009\Bin
2) double click on trainzDiag.exe
3) select save
4) A new window will open titled Save As. In the Save in: drop down box at the top of the window select Desktop
In the File name: drop down box at the bottom of the window make sure it is TrainzDiag
In the Save as type: drop down box at the bottom of the window select Text File(*.txt)
Then click on save.
5) In the Technical Support form click 'Browse' next to the trainzDiagnostic field and select the file you just saved.

David - if their is any part of these instructions youre not sure of, let us know and we will try and help you out.

By all means post the report here if your able to do so, or again if you require help in doing so, please ask.

Alan Yeomans
Helpdesk Support.

Allow me to cut an paste also as it seems to be the order of the day..

daveyoi
spacer.gif
Direct X Diagnostic contains TrainzDiag in this reply

********************************************* 7th Dec 2008, 11:42am TrainzDiag.txt
See that - 7th December.. how many cut and pastes have I had since then Alan?

This line in your instructions needs reviewing..

5) In the Technical Support form click 'Browse' next to the trainzDiagnostic field and select the file you just saved.

As this element does not exist on the form in creating or replying to a response.

Look here
support.png

There is a DirectXdiag and a screenshot box.. but not a trainzDiag one - this is the reason I placed the file you asked for 5 days ago in the directx box.

Last edited:
Look here
support.png

There is a DirectXdiag and a screenshot box.. but not a trainzDiag one - this is the reason I placed the file you asked for 5 days ago in the directx box.

It goes in the DirectX Diag box as the DXDIAG was the only tool at one time for helpdesk to understand the issue. TrainzDiag does a simliar function and in a way, replaces DXDIAG in most situations for Auran. Direct X diag also outputs the result as a TXT file, so it shouldn't produce an error if you do attach the TrainzDiag file to the DirectX box...

If you want to play with DXDIAG, on your keyboard, press the windows key and r at the same time then type into the box, "dxdiag", then press ok.

HTHs (and yes, I know, it is the wrong instruction. I don't know how the messages on helpdesk works, but I think they are essentially attachments to emails, just they won't accept certain files.)

Edit... I really need to get my eeePCs keyboard sorted PDQ as shift and certain keys, don't work!!! (DHL have got the keyboard, I just need to get it off them)

Edit2; I looked at your trainzdiag attachment, what was the issue you were having? I am sure many others can help here and do a far quicker job than helpdesk. Just make sure you give us plenty of detail to what is going on. For example, does Trainz launch? If not, is there an error message? Did you try opengl mode as well as directx mode? (found in the options button. I noticed you have a nVida card, simliar to the one in one of my laptops. In which case, I'd recommend you use directx mode, as you get flashing during the night time in opengl mode. Its driver related.).. etc. etc.

Last edited:
It goes in the DirectX Diag box as the DXDIAG was the only tool at one time for helpdesk to understand the issue. TrainzDiag does a simliar function and in a way, replaces DXDIAG in most situations for Auran. Direct X diag also outputs the result as a TXT file, so it shouldn't produce an error if you do attach the TrainzDiag file to the DirectX box...

Exactly what i did. 5 days ago. Since then I have had 4 more requests for the same file.

Edit2; I looked at your trainzdiag attachment, what was the issue you were having? I am sure many others can help here and do a far quicker job than helpdesk. Just make sure you give us plenty of detail to what is going on. For example, does Trainz launch? If not, is there an error message? Did you try opengl mode as well as directx mode? (found in the options button. I noticed you have a nVida card, simliar to the one in one of my laptops. In which case, I'd recommend you use directx mode, as you get flashing during the night time in opengl mode. Its driver related.).. etc. etc.

Trainz is fine my issue is with CMP - it wont start.

"CMP has stopped responding"

In the windows application error log it is MSVCR80.dll that is the offending file reported (I know it doesnt mean that it is definatley this file that is broken as it is a linked library but as I cant debug the code I cant give you anymore)

I have tried to replace the offending file .. no joy... I have all the up to date drivers.. yada yada..

I really do appreciate your attempt to help - but this issue needs development escalation.

Thanks
David

I too have regular "no load" / screen freeze / system not responding situations with TC3 however, there are a few simple ways that have so far (touch wood) worked.

1. Manually shut down pc (kill power) and reboot the system (necessary when screen freezes and nothing gets me out of that situation).

2. Go straight to Start and into Driver, Surveyor etc. Once loaded, Exit out, start her up again and select Advanced Utilities. It will generally load ok.

3. Go and have a coffee and be patient. Sometimes it takes close to 10 mins to do what I ask of it! Software with attitude ..... just what I need!

Here's hoping (touching head again) that TRS2009 is more friendly!

:) Colin.

Colin, your problem sounds as if CMP is rebuilding the database. Do you have TAD monitor and are there any faulty assets?
Norm

Trainz is fine my issue is with CMP - it wont start.

"CMP has stopped responding"

In the windows application error log it is MSVCR80.dll that is the offending file reported (I know it doesnt mean that it is definatley this file that is broken as it is a linked library but as I cant debug the code I cant give you anymore)

I wouldn't touch that file at all!!! Anyway, have you got the .net 1.1 framework installed?
If so, have you deleted the assets.tdx and BKU files? When you do this and you start CMP, it may take a VERY long time to reload the database, over 20 minutes has been known, so leave it well alone while its rebuilding!

Colin, your problem sounds as if CMP is rebuilding the database. Do you have TAD monitor and are there any faulty assets?
Norm

Hi Norm - As I am in the process of moving TRS2004 rolling stock into TC3... Yes ...... every now and then a loco will certainly cause a problem. This usually shows itself as a fatal error or (thankfully) on lesser occasions a total screen freeze. The solution is no problem as long as I can fire up CMP!

The really frustrating issues are when I try and open up TC3 and nothing happens ............. and Ctrl>Alt>Del shows nothing is running. Another variation on a similar theme is when selecting Advanced Utilities and I get a quick flash of my "egg timer" (something is happening) .... but then nothing. However, as mentioned in initial message, if I go into Driver or Surveyor first and then basck out of it, CMP will generally load ok! Coincidental???

The latest wrinkle was a message "Ole register drop target failed" Any idea what that means. Over and above all this, TC3 has always eventually behaved itself ....... just has a few issues!
:)
Colin.

Norm
..... I just remembered something else odd that happens regularly. CMP opens up, but then appears to get stuck "updating assets database. If I Ctrl >Alt>Del to get out of it, I have an initial message that the process is awaiting a response from me. It lies!

Once I eventually get out, it will usually open up again ok and do its update thing in a matter of a few seconds!

Make any sense?

Colin.

....if I go into Driver or Surveyor first and then back out of it, CMP will generally load ok! Coincidental???

The latest wrinkle was a message "Ole register drop target failed" Any idea what that means.
:)
Colin.

No coincidence. That's the way I always let Trainz repair the database. Less chance of screwing up CMP while it's working.

You're using drag and drop to import the assets? The "OLE register drop target failed" message means that Windows can't see CMP. But I'm no expert at Windoze and all it's inner workings.
Norm

P.S. The message "process is awaiting a response" is just a standard Windows message, not true in this case as CMP is busy and will not respond to any input until it's done.

Last edited:
Back