NZ pics

Hi kingstonflyer,

Just a very minor point. Ka942 is the only Ka in existance with the original streamlining fitted and is owned by Mainline Steam Inc. Ka935 is under overhaul at Silver Stream Rail Inc. And has no streamlining, Ka945 is under overhaul at Steam Incorporated and has no streamlining. K911 is under major overhaul at Mainline Steam Inc. Not sure if there are any Ka s or Kb s in the South Island.

Great shots of the layout, keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi all, I haven't heard any updates for a while on whether there's any new rollingstock planned from anybody. Anything planned guys?

PS, I've got all these screenshots of trains from Takapu Rd to Waikanae that I want to share but I've discovered that my computer doesn't have Word. Is there another way to put them on this forum?

Thanks for comments guys:wave: .
nzcircut24.jpg

nzcircut27.jpg
nzcircut28.jpg

Thought I'll give this thread a bit of a kick in the arse,Some Auzzy muscle pressed into urgent service without seeing the paintshop at Hutt in the early 90's.Those asset stripping mongrels at Transrail to tight to buy new loco's:p .
nzcircut26.jpg

Last edited:
I wish i could do New Zealand scenery that well... will have to force myself to sooner or later. still great job!:clap:

William

That's a great pic kingstonflyer. Is that a gorse bush in the foreground?
If it is can you post the kuid, gorse bushes are very nessessary for NZ scenery.
Hope you had a great long weekend too.
Cheers,
Bill69

Hello Bill,that shrub that closely resembles gorse is called Strauch1 kuid_ 68786:22098 just spent the last half hour trying to hunt down the location only to find it's TRS 06 Built in asset:hehe: I tried hunting down on the DLS but it pulled up nothing.That link that eso provided is a good start used it before lots trees&shurbs that wouldn't look out of place in any Kiwi route.Cheers Andrew.​

KiwiRail DX hauls some older, Northerner coaches up round the horseshoe curve having just departed Raurimu Station.

Screen_049.jpg

The same train loading passengers at National Park Station.
Screen_052.jpg

Cheers,
Bill69

Was looking through some files and I found this, might aswell post it here...

tuneikais.jpg

William:)

Last edited:
Raurimu Spiral

KiwiRail rounding the horseshoe curve at Raurimu

Screen_058.jpg

KiwiRail crossing the cinderbank Raurimu spiral

Screen_061.jpg

This loco should be available on the DLS soon

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi Ryan,

I will have to do a few alterations on the coaches, they are badged as metro coaches ATM so I will change them to long distance coaches when I get a good pic of one. If all goes well I will upload them after that.

Cheers,
Bill69

NZ items in 42" gauge

Hi All,

Thanks to many contributors there are now quite a few modern NZ 42" gauge items available.

NZrollingstock.jpg

The passenger coaches are not on the DLS as yet, but if anyone is interested I will upload them. They are 1. Metlink 2nd class coach. (Hutt Valley line) 2. Overlander coach (Wellington - Auckland) 3. Northerner coach. (Wellington - Auckland, discontinued about year 2000) 4. Privately owned coach (Mainline Steam)
Let me know if anyone would like any of these.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back