NYCTA! pics!

The new EL kit looks awesome Ace, and works - with one issue. How do you make the stations passenger-enabled? The CDP does not feature end pieces for that. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
You use the End Barriers, which are included in the kit. The KUIDs are as follows:

523903:504
523903:505
523903:517
523903:518
523903:519
523903:520

And as far as passenger enabling, you simply overlay an AJS Invisible station over the platforms and connect the tracks of your choice. Remember, this is the custom kit, so it features all the pieces and you'll have to put things together yourself. The elevated station set will feature stations in similar fashion to the subway set (end pieces and splines). The picture was a misnomer, it was a picture of the *el stations*, not pieces from the kit, so apologies.

I'm still testing the elevated station set itself along the (2)(5) right now and will have results soon. I finally have a day off work tomorrow, so I'll be able to dedicate some time to that project.

-A :wave:

Elevated Station Set

NYCTA Elevated Station Set

Includes the following:

Canopies, station splines (without canopies) and start/end pieces.

It comes for the following configurations:

1T, 2T (island and side), 3T (island, side and a third), and 4T (island and spline).

This is the first part of a set I'm planning. BStyles has been absent due to his other obligations, so I thought I'd take over on small portions of our joint mega-project.

Enjoy gentlemen!

Canopies
Station Splines
End Pieces
Start Pieces

-A
ph34r.png

I checked with Rick over at NYC Transit Forums, and have resolved the issues with the pieces that aren't showing up.

Also, I checked the Start Pieces link--no errors.

New Fixes Link:
El fixes 3/28/13

Hey green great job man but i found a couple problems about six or so of your pices have transparent platforms ill try and take pics when I have the chance also with the start and end pices the arrows pointing the directions are pointing the wrong way ill show a pic of what I mean later other than that great job

Check out the above link for the fixes. That has been resolved. Also the direction of the arrows on the end pieces really doesn't matter when it comes to laying your track. It'll cause no problems.

Hey green even with the error fix a couple stuff are still transparent like Canopy 2B, Canopy 2C is invisible and, Start/End 3C the side platforms are transparent.

Open up those assets and look through the .texture files and delete the alpha lines on the textures that are showing up as invisible. Use meshviewer side-by-side to check your work.

Hello All!

As many of you know, I am a senior development partner with BStyles, specializing in content for the Trainz simulator series. For a year or so now, the both of us have been wanting to get a website up and going, with obvious hits and misses. As B is in the military currently, and as I am juggling a full time job and new familial obligations, the ability to pay for such a domain is tough. Thankfully, the solution is finally here. I have started a new ProBoards forum called "BDC Projects" and it will be *the* official place to get content downloads for Trainz items as well as a place for content developers who want to join our team to congregate. Many of you know BStyles from his work here in BVE, and I'd like to extend a warm welcome to you as well, whether or not we've met. A select few of you I have had the pleasure of meeting, and I hope to meet everyone else in the future. The website link is below as well as a list of members that were a part of the old domain site before it crashed. If your name is NOT on this list and you were part of the original group, please shoot me a private message on the new boards. Those who are content creators (for lack of a better term?) here for BVE and are also partners with BStyles, please reach me via PM there as well and I can see about setting up administrator privileges for a few of you (I'm looking for maybe 3 or 4), since I can't run the site on my own.

On that note, if you have a lot of experience and would like to be an administrator, include that in your PM as an "application", and why you should be chosen. So, without further delay:

New Website: (Register now!) http://bdcprojects.boards.net

Here are the names of the members that BStyles gave me prior to the close of the last domain. If there is an asterisk next to your name, you were flagged as an admin on the old board, however, you will have to resubmit your application as BStyles is temporarily away from the development game and I've taken over all administrative duties. Two ** means you were tagged as a moderator.

aking4125, Imanuel*, kingoftrains, kako, steven8579, jamal17, R33WF, ARome, dakidmike, kachsheev183, Goten123, steelracer02, bve, Slants**, scottbe8, calabrese94, stamenqua, Blue18*, Strain, Nyctrman*, ErrorMarco11, PuertoRican88**, Chris, EDawg**, Dj Hammers**, BStyles*.

Please use the same names when registering as you did before. I look forward to working with those who want to be developers, and it is a pleasure and an honor to welcome all of you aboard to the next phase in NYCTA development.

Warm Regards,

-A :wave: (GreenEggsnPelham/"ACE")

Whops never mind just read your post again and solved the problem it helps to reread things lol but i just noticed something Canopy 2C doesn't have a Start/End piece.

Last edited:
Hey guys route is comming out great I'd like to get a beta out but I don't think I can release my route cuz I use B's Teat route and I can never get ahold of him to ask if I can release it with his permission so I don't know what to do I really want you guys to have this route but I do want to go behind his back a release it.

Just wanted to update everyone--I've been reworking the signals, for several reasons. First, it's been promised by me in months past and is LONG overdue. Secondly, it gets rid of that annoying box in the center of the tracks that was useless anyway, and if you modify the "trackside" value, you won't have to worry about the box moving with it, so the signal will look natural. Also, as I've been doing the IRT route, I've noticed lots of different combinations of signals, as well as repeaters, home timer signals, etc. I didn't include these in the first pack because I wasn't sure how serious development was going to be on my routes, but after looking through the diagrams, if I want accuracy, I gotta include them. I've gotten all the home signals, repeaters, and normal/timer signals done. Right now, I'm working on the wall signals. The total count is 57 signals so far in this package--but don't be alarmed. If you're building a basic route and only want home, automatic and yard signals and couldn't give two you know whats about timers and all that jazz, then don't worry. The names will be easy to distinguish, and I'll even include photo files in the CDP that'll act as a "guide" for what signals to use and where they go.

@Strain: I'll ask him the next time we conference call about development.

Thanks for your continued support. Also--please feel free to start discussions about Trainz and such over on the new BDC Projects Page!

Last edited:
Thanks ace I look forward to the call can you tell him it's his test route I used and nothing else. Also u think you could give us a status update on the terminal pieces

New Signals, third rail, and E 180 Update

Here's an update on the newly created home signal variations, wall signals, and third rail. The third rail spline you see in the pics are from the elevated station kit, and they are sitting on Samplaire's **wonderful** tracks which I will be implementing on the NYCTA routes in addition to our own home-grown versions.

New Signals
Home2xTimer.png

Home2-shot.png

Wall1-shot.png

Wall2-shot.png

WallHome.png

S curve between 174 & 180 Sts
ScurvetoE180.png

PortaltoGrandConc.png

At East 180th
E180North2.png

E180North1.png

Enjoy! Yard pics (when completed) will be coming soon!

Been working more than 40 hours a week, and I haven't had a chance to update the route area. I did get the Y1 & Y2 tracks to south of Morris Park and the beginning of the el south of the (2)(5) Bronx Park East station. I haven't worked on the yards proper yet, but I'll tackle that over the weekend hopefully. Sit tight guys--I'm shuffling some projects right now, and I've just been adding scenery to my Phoenix METRO route (that and the TS 12 SP1 took forever to patch).

Thanks for your patience, and keep your eyes on BDC Projects for some...new releases and FINALLY a directory for all of the content.

Back