NYCTA! pics!

Here is a screenshot from sketchup of the EL set pieces that I'm working on. They've been gathering dust in a lonely corner of my hard drive for almost three years and I found them, and spruced them up. I'll have individual shots and descriptions once they are in the game. I know not <all> of them are EL pieces in the screenshot--so nobody freak out :p

StationObjects.png

-
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-A_svg.png
ph34r.png

I been doing station work along Central Park West from 145st To 59st CC. He is the results.

Next Video will be Central Park West Exp

R33 where did you get that train in that video you posted?

As for Ace I Have made the (A) Terminal At Inwood 207 St.
But I can not countinue my route because I am getting my black belt today! Hy-Ya!!!

On Sunday Your On!!!!!!

Max

Elevated Set Release News

Revamped El stations are finished and in-game. I have to correct a reversed texture issue and they'll be ready for release by Sunday at the latest. The EL kit is also going to be uploaded this weekend. It's similar to the Subway Custom Station Kit, except it's for...well, the EL. :p

Each "configuration" for the EL stations will have two object pieces (start & end), and two spline pieces (a canopy and an uncovered section). I decided to do this so that you could decide on your own how much canopy (or lack thereof) you want to include on your stations. I was inspired by the few original pieces BStyles put on the DLS a long time ago. They work the same way as the subway stations--there are track attachment points where you can put whatever you want in there, and they can be passenger enabled. A second benefit to the setup (it just occurred to me!) is that these pieces can double as open cut/surface stations as well--just use a surface type track and presto! And since the third rail is included you could use non "subway" tracks like Samplaire's! :D

Configuration List:

1A- typical one track set up with railing
2A- side platforms
2B- island platforms
3A- side platforms
3B- island platforms
3C- side & island (think of Mets-Willets Point)
4A- side platforms
4B- island platforms

If the pics aren't up tonight, they'll be up tomorrow!

Thanks again for your patience!

-A
ph34r.png

@Fooly: It'd be best to wait until the IRT project is finished (at least the track laying).

P.S. These in NO way will conflict and/or supercede/replace the excellent EL stations that BStyles is working on currently. These are additional pieces.

Last edited:
It isn't much, but it's evidence that my revamped EL stations are in-game and working just fine! I re-did the 125 St station on the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-1_svg.png
to make it passenger enabled and it works beautiful! That gap on the end of the station spline is being fixed as we speak. I hope to do some beta testing on the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-2_svg.png
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-5_svg.png
and the
75px-NYCS-bull-trans-7_svg.png
over the next few days before releasing.

But I couldn't just give an announcement could I? Of course, here is the EL custom station kit for your troubles!
biggrin.png

trainz2013-03-1818-36-33-69.png

NYCTA EL Station Kit v1

Enjoy!

-A
ph34r.png

Last edited:
Thank you Ace! Your ROCK!!!!!! I have finnaly recovered from that staircase injury and Im ready to start! (Of course when your done with the IRT track laying , am I correct?)

And One Extra Rule ,

You can use ANY track or layout even if it is from Bstyles , You , me , TrainRock12 , Trainz20121 , etc. Im getting ready Ace! So say your prayers:hehe:!

And how will the (A) judging take place, and by whom?
If my memory serves me correctly , The Route Build Off will take place after Ace is Completed with The Current IRT Project he is working on.

Also ELECTION!

Do you have what it takes to Judge Routes? If you do , post your name in this thread and why you should Judge our routes. I will randomly select a Winner. Everyone is welcome to participate!

BTW , Ace can you do me a favor?

I have Jeffmorri's Slant Car and I was wondering if you can make me changeable routes including an (X) saying 242 St - Coney Island please? I really need a slant car that works. Thank you Ace!

If my memory serves me correctly , The Route Build Off will take place after Ace is Completed with The Current IRT Project he is working on.

Also ELECTION!

Do you have what it takes to Judge Routes? If you do , post your name in this thread and why you should Judge our routes. I will randomly select a Winner. Everyone is welcome to participate!

Fooly, don't do this. It'll clutter the thread. Have them send you PMs instead.

BTW , Ace can you do me a favor?

I have Jeffmorri's Slant Car and I was wondering if you can make me changeable routes including an (X) saying 242 St - Coney Island please? I really need a slant car that works. Thank you Ace!

I'll see what I can do. I'm pretty backed up right now.

And how will the (A) judging take place, and by whom?
It'll be judged by everyone who views the thread. I think that's best.

Great release! Keep it up! :)
Kind thanks sir!

-A :wave:

As you all know i was working on that Fictional Dekalb Ave Line. Now Im working on Fantasy NYCTA!!!! It will be the same tracks and layouts but with abandon stations and unused tracks!!!!

Here is from the fictional (4) Line Im creating ,

Abandon Station , 14 St. Looking at Uptown Platform. Downtown Platform was demolished.

trainz 2013-03-21 14-42-41-83 by Max Runot, on Flickr

14 St Yard/Test Track TurnAbout. 14 St In Distance.

trainz 2013-03-21 14-42-31-66 by Max, on Flickr

14 St Turnabout/Small Yard. Turnabout is For Trains Terminating At Burnside Ave. R62&R142 (4) In Photo.
trainz 2013-03-21 14-42-01-56 by MAc, on Flickr

Close View Of Junction Before Turnabout. If You look Closely you will see that the Right Track (With the R62) Is Blocked Off. This Track used to Go Underground For the Polo Grounds Shuttle and was disconnected when The Polo Grounds Shuttle Stopped. The Fence Can Be Opened If Another Train isnt on Track 1. Former Trackways 3 & 4 can be seen to the right.

trainz 2013-03-21 14-41-48-18 by Max, on Flickr

trainz 2013-03-21 14-41-42-43 by Max, on Flickr

View Of Whole Tracks. Former 14 St Can Be Seen.

trainz 2013-03-21 14-40-59-46 by Max, on Flickr

Enjoy.

Max

HINT: In the Tracks menu, press 'B' and click on a track segment to toggle it between straight and interpolated. This is good for making a track remain straight at a junction.

As for another grating TS12 problem: Engine Sounds!

I know this has been bugging NYCTA fans for a really long time--the apparently warped and/or awkwardly disturbing sound quality of Bxmike88's NYCTA engine and horn sounds within TS12. I'm not an audio engineer nor a person who has these skills, but I seemed to have found a fix to the problems that was in front of me the entire time!

Under the Options Tab in surveyor, de-select the checkbox that says "Enable 3D sounds" and the engine and horn sounds will work perfectly, like in previous versions of Trainz. To test this, I used the R62, since it's not native to TS12 like the R46.

It seems to have solved the problem. If anyone has any responses, or confirmations, please let me know!

-A
ph34r.png

Alternatively, bxmike88 can remake all his sounds so that they're 16-bit mono. This will allow them to work as 3D sounds.

Back