nvidia error

NYCboy

gettin bored of trainz
nvidia geforce 7300 GS keeps crashing after while when ever i play games.the screen goes all greenish with dots and the screen starts to act weird then it crashes.eventually the monitar says "windows XP has crashes.to prevent damages system will now reset" why is this problem.im really starting to get made at my computer.i cant really explain what exacly happends but please i need a way to fix this!im using a AMD mother board.1 GB ram.and a sata hard drive.why does this keep happening!!?

Do a process of elimination: First change the video card (you can get another from the store with condition to take it back if this is not the problem). Make sure the memory is OK (it should as indicated during Bios booting). See that you don't have a virus. caution: Some viruses get into the registry and are very hard to get rid off. If you can use a registry fix program such as "registry mechanic" (believe it or not, fixing registry fixes lot's of problems). You must have done already, but make sure you are defragmented. All of the above OK?, re-install Trainz but back up everything on a CD or USB portable memory first. Still problems? re-install Windows. No good? change everything! And let us know...:'(

Just a few thoughts...

How old is the system? -any recent additions?

What size power supply (watts)?

try using a program like "diskspeed" to monitor a) the temperatures of the cpu etc and the voltages.

Try using the nVidia software to monitor the GPU temperature.

I found that using a video program (which - like games - pushes the system to the limits) was causing overheating.
Then I had a similar problem with the power supply not having enough voltage (and fluctuating voltages).

All of those caused a shut-down...

HTH

Colin

i serouisly dont now why.when i first played trainz it was good.then once i started to play other games it crashes.now when ever i play trainz the video card crashes.should i really call the company?will they give me an other one?

please guys i need an answer i have to fix my video card or else i cant make my NYC flushing route!

Possibly overheating !!!

Try taking off your computers side cover and leaving it off for a day or two. Inside your case might be getting to hot, particular while the CPU/video card is under heavy load. eg; while playing games...........
If your video card/system is crashing it might be because of overheating caused by poor case ventilation. (you might need to add a couple of 8cm or 12cm fans to the front/back of your case !!!!
If the video card still does what it's been doing, then it's not overheating. (plenty of cold air can get around the video card with the side cover off).

Another option is to install the latest drivers for your video card. Go to Nvidia's web site and download the latest drivers for your card.
MAKE SURE THE DRIVERS YOU DOWNLOAD ARE THE LATEST FOR YOUR PARTICULAR CARD AND OPERATING SYSTEM !!!!
Uninstall your current video drivers and install the latest drivers for your card. (make sure that if you running XP, you don't load the Vista drivers by mistake, or visa versa).
This might fix the problem. Good luck !!!!! http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.21_whql.html
Cheers, Mac.. :confused:

Last edited:
will i got a new videocard but it does not do performence like the 7300GS.
i got a 8600GT. 8600GT=265MB while the 7300GS=512MB
and for the video card 7300GS is not overheating it keeps saying

n4_.dll has stoped working.to prevent damage the PC will now restart.

i want to sell ether the 7300GS or 8600GT. but the 7300GS keeps crashing does anybody else now how to fix it?

will i got a new videocard but it does not do performence like the 7300GS.
i got a 8600GT. 8600GT=265MB while the 7300GS=512MB
and for the video card 7300GS is not overheating it keeps saying

n4_.dll has stoped working.to prevent damage the PC will now restart.

i want to sell ether the 7300GS or 8600GT. but the 7300GS keeps crashing does anybody else now how to fix it?

The 8600GT might be a slower card. Take a look at the spec on it.

The crash is from corrupted drivers. Unistall the NVida drivers (Use the Control Panel). Reboot when asked, and reinstall the drivers.

John

The 8600GT might be a slower card. Take a look at the spec on it.

The crash is from corrupted drivers. Unistall the NVida drivers (Use the Control Panel). Reboot when asked, and reinstall the drivers.

John
i did.i restarted. un-installed with the program antivirus disabeld then restarted agien then installed with the anti-virus program disabeld and still THE SAME ERROR!

I had the same symptom Monday, just as I had about 6 months ago. Fixed it the same way. I dusted the video card with a face powder brush. This time I gave some thought to why it got dusty. Then I realised the dust was being shed by a chassis fan located directly above it. I then cleaned the fan. Hopefully I will not have to do that again.

Back