North Central Colorado

Yes, that's the porta-potty. Le Pew.

They have made an impact for reducing the amount human indecency ticketing.

The little tree is a must, but this is just a stand-in until we have a looked closely at the other choices. Next step is to get the other little substructures done and then back to tackling the North Yard.

When making an asset, sometimes modern things should be left out...porta potties didn't exist in certain eras, if I were placing it on a 1940's route it would be unusable.

This thread is absolutley amazing. I have been poking around in here for a while, but I never started from the 1st page and looked at all of it. This is just about the most photo-realistic, make that it IS the most photo-realistic route I have ever seen. You use of backdrops is stunning. You made a trailer park beautiful. So to you Jim, a big fat cheers! And another big fat cheers to everyone who has contributed to the amazing content shown in these shots. At first I got that "give up" feeling. How am I ever going to get my stuff looking this good? Then I punched myself in the mouth and decided I MUST use this as inspiration. Damn good work.

When making an asset, sometimes modern things should be left out...porta potties didn't exist in certain eras, if I were placing it on a 1940's route it would be unusable.

That's a very good point. The modern porta-potty can easily be made as a separate asset. For this same route set back in 1954, you won't see the porta-potty and the silo-house will look much newer, with windows instead of boards, for example.

Motorbreath, I'm on a 1/2 hour lunch right now, so my quick response is THANKS ! :)

Last edited:
I notice you're using fairly hi-res textures on the house and fence Jim. Should I have used bigger image files for the silo complex? My textures look quite blurred by comparison when viewed at close range.

The utility fence is 512 x 256 and the utilities on top are a plane/alpha combo using 512 x 64 ......or 32 (can't remember).

Due to the size of the silo's, I wouldn't change your image sizes.

For the NCC route, keeping my ancient computer and video card in mind (Nvidia 6800 AGP), I use lower resolutions for assets in higher congested areas.

When releasing content, I might want to do a high and low res version of each asset (when it makes sense).

Wow, that fence looks incredibly detailed Jim, just like all of your work. It's great to see and to see you back at work on your route. I'm sure this area will look stunning like all of your work thus far.

Keep up the great work, and let me know if I can be of any help.

:)

That's about the best thing I've seen all day there WCL!:hehe:
Funny enough, I was watching that on TVLand last night...gosh, can anyone believe Home Improvement is really on TV Land now, I grew up with that show.
At 16, I feel old...:p

Great progress there Jim.
Looks as though you've gotten pretty far since I last posted.

Cheers,
Woody:wave:

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: LOL!!!:hehe: WILSON!!!!!!!!!

I don't think so, Tim!

W, you have outdone yourself! That's the freaking funniest thing I've seen on here in a while.

Thanks, buddy!

Wilson

fencewilson.jpg

Ha! I can't believe you did that, Ed! There's my laugh for the day. I mean the one from the TV guy was pretty good, but it takes a bit of abstract thought for Tom Hanks' volley ball.

Good one, Ed! I used to have a mini-version of that "Wilson" soccer ball on my car radio antenna. Somebody stole it ! Now that's bad karma...

Last edited:
Back