Nightshots..

Ok...whatever...

NYC1595PeekskillNight.jpg

Cheers,
Fred

Thanks guys. Nice ones Bob and joosten!

Are all the buildings being used there DmDrake's Fred??​

Yep...except for the station which is peeking out from behind the boxcars. I made that from a photo.

Cheers,
Fred

Last edited:
Nice shot there netjam99.

Thanks again everyone. I think the most fun about modelling night scenes is playing around with the lights. Which reminds me...I've got to install nightlighting in Peekskill station soon.

Fun with lights...

NYCNightFreightAtPeekskill1.jpg

NYCNightFreightAtPeekskill2.jpg

NYCNightFreightAtPeekskill3.jpg

Cheers,
Fred

Nice shot there netjam99.

Thanks again everyone. I think the most fun about modelling night scenes is playing around with the lights. Which reminds me...I've got to install nightlighting in Peekskill station soon.

Fun with lights...

Cheers,
Fred

Can I ask where the up floodlight came from or the kuid in the 3rd pic?

Can I ask where the up floodlight came from or the kuid in the 3rd pic?

Certainly...that's Lamp Spot 15m < kuid:46162:250005> by josefpav...

LampSpot15m.jpg

It's one of my favorite assets. It creates a vertical lighting effect and can be placed on the side of a building (or oil tank, for that matter) to light an advertisement (or something else), or you can put it on the ground as shown above. It rotates both horizontally and vertically so it can be aimed down, up, or sideways. To rotate vertically...hold down the shift key while rotating. One more thing...the effect is only visible from one side...so, if you want to use it like I did for the US flag in the pic, you need one on both sides. It's cool...:)

Cheers,
Fred

Last edited:
Thanks Fred! :) I find that it is built-in to TS2010. Probably just one out of gobs of goodies built-in to TS2010 that I have not discovered. :)

I have to agree with Bob that these are some great shots. Is that foreground road in that shot a texture or a spline? It looks great. :)

P. S.: Is that shot in TRS2004? The "All" and "Region" boxes in the Objects menu look very TRS2004-ish. Weren't they discontinued from TRS2006?

Regards,

Retro.

Last edited:
Thanks mates!

It's in TRS2006. The road with the little roundabout was "kitbashed" with splines. The "road" is actually Asphalt Parking Lot Lite <kuid:46819:37080> by jjsll54. The sidewalk is AJS Pavement Type 1 <kuid:122286:1195> by andi06. The curb on the farside is really a wall...Concrete Wall <kuid:60238:38160> by vulcan. It's sunk into the ground with only the top showing. By sheer luck, it matches the curb on the sidewalk fairly closely. :)

Cheers,
Fred

TRS2006 huh. Interesting.

Thanks for the additional asset KUIDs, Fred. :) Kitbashing with roads that have crowns is an understandable way to do something like that, but it looks so good in this screenshot that it could pass for a ground texture (though now that I think about it, the grain of that asphalt texture does look too fine for a ground texture in TRS2004/2006). :D

Regards,

Retro.

Back