New Trainz 2009 install & update problems

ronscorp12

Too all having problems with there new Trainz 2009 install & Updates

I think I have a solution to the SP1 and Content manager Not working issues
Here is how I solved it.

1 Uninstall your Trainz 2009 program using the uninstall program (BACK_UP) your added or changed content!

2 Download the update for a manual install from the clean Trainz 2009 install to 38599 Trainz 2009 version 3! ( Do not load SP1) this update contains Sp1 update already.

3 Do a fresh install of Trainz 2009! then run the program and make sure that the content manager is loading and working properly. Run It! Make sure you can connect to the download station

4 Then you will run this new manual update too version 3 build 38599.
by passing the SP1 update. By doing this you will get a database damaged report when you run Trainz after this upgrade. NOT TO WORRY!

5 Once the update has been applied. Run Trainz and go to the content manager and let it rebuild the database! This might take a while or maybe even 2 or 3 tries! The Updater seems to have a Stay alive problem where it might time out on the net. be patient. Once you complete this step. your porblems should be solved. for this part. It worked for me!

I am running on a P4 intel system with XP SP3 installed and only 765 megs of memory.

Hope this helps out some of the new comers too Trainz 2009!

Back