New route not showing up in Surveyor

harishankar

Train fan
I tried several times and had to start from scratch because a new route I'd created in Surveyor did not show up at all the next time I launched Trainz.

I am not sure how the route disappeared or how to edit it again as it no longer shows up in the list.

Also I am not able to see my route in CMP and I have the message "You've not commited your assets" whenever I try to launch Trainz again.

How do I get back my route?

Don't know about your missing route but the "You've not commited your assets" thing could be you have things open for edit. To check, start CMP and select the Open for Edit tab. If anything shows up in the main window, right click on them and pick 'Select All' then Ctrl M to commit them.

Bob

Yes, but still the route doesn't show up at all in Surveyor.

Is there anything wrong with the route or is the assets corrupted? I have no idea why this should be the case.

I've tried creating a new route several times and wasted a lot of effort in the process, but it simply doesn't show up in Surveyor the next time I launch Trainz.

Is it a problem to leave a route half-completed before saving it?

No. In fact you should save often while creating a route so that you can minimize content loss when CMP/Surveyor hangs up on you. Use of the Undo button can sometimes cause problems. Are you saying you've never been able to create a simple route, save it and get it back?

Bob

No. In fact you should save often while creating a route so that you can minimize content loss when CMP/Surveyor hangs up on you. Use of the Undo button can sometimes cause problems. Are you saying you've never been able to create a simple route, save it and get it back?

Bob
I kept saving after every single edit. The route shows up in Surveyor when I exit the edit screen and then I am able to edit it again.

The next time I launch Trainz, I get a warning like "You've not committed your assets" and then the route doesn't show up at all in the list :confused:

It's not a full route yet, but I'm annoyed because I did a lot of work in the scenery with it. I've not been able to get this to work since I installed Trainz 2006. Am I to assume that this product is buggy? Am I the only one having my creations going into a black hole? Because I've not seen any topics like this on this forum yet.

I am using Vista OEM Ultimate edition 64-bit.

Last edited:
Back