New route - grime & dirt with a tang of salt spray - the Port Switching Company

Hah! Serves me right for not reading your comprehensive documentation more carefully! :confused:

Although I must say I did enjoy the challenge of working out how to put the loco on the head end. Mind you that was only on the upper level coz it looked like mainlines to me. I quite happily propelled in the yards on the lower level. Just force of habit I guess. :p

Cheers

Nix

Soon (tm) there should be a third session for this little route on the Download Station.

In part it demonstrates the flexibility of the LARS and ProtoLARS system in managing loads on freight cars.

As always, please take care at the three squeeze points where the AI trainz use the same track as you do. The AI trainz will not give way to you.

Note: Three yellow markers represent a LARS section of track; two ProtoLARS. Freight cars will load or unload when stationary on a LARS section. If one car in the consist has been stationary on a ProtoLARS section for one minute, all freight cars in the consist will load or unload in sequence. Right clicking on the section of track will show what it programmed to produce or consume.

Note also the error in the readme. You do NOT have the choice of a steam locomotive; it's all diesel I'm afraid! Sorry.

"Chuck and Joe - your last turn for the day.
Unload the steel coil on those gondolas standing in the Transfer Yard at the coil gantry in the middle of HeavyTechIndustries (LARS).
Load the gondolas with steel pipes at the south end of HeavyTech (LARS) and take them to the heavy lift wharf. Unload the pipes (LARS) and take the empty gondolas up to Tyco Plastics to load them with plastic pipes (ProtoLARS).
Unload the gondolas at the heavy lift, then return the empty gondolas to the Transfer Yard. Sign off at Loco.
It should take about an hour. And I know that it would be easier and far quicker if we had more gondolas, but we aint.
Take care with those Class 1 trains. You must give them priority at all times.
Dispatcher out."

As with all my routes and sessions, maps and a readme are included in the folder containing the session.

This will be the thumbnail:

PSC_GondolaShuffle.jpg

Phil

Last edited:
Don't know where to find the 'folder'

I'm quite new at this. Don't have a clue where to find your folder that contains the info on your route.:eek:

Hi YDydmaster --

If you are using TRS2004, dig deep into the TRS2004 folder to find the kuid shown on the Download Station next to the thumbnail. For the route you will find the folder in Program Files/Auran/TRS2004/World/Dispatcher/Downloads/kuid2 69871 12773 1 You can do the same for the sessions.
Inside this folder you will find the readme and maps. Double click on the files and your default text and image viewer should open.

Alternatively, and much more elegantly, use TrainzObjectz.
Place a tick in the box next to "Maps" at the bottom of the screen, highlight the route in the list that now appears, and click on the "Open object folder" radio button at the top of the screen. Windows File Explorer will now open the folder containing the route. Sessions are found under "Profile" at the bottom of the screen.

If you do use TrainzObjectz for the first time, DO NOT allow it to correct errors. You may get unpredictable results if you do.

If you are using TRS2006, the folder structure is very different and TrainzObjectz can not be used.

Fire up CMP, find the route or session in the list, right click on it and select "Edit in Explorer". The folder containing the route or session should now open.

Tell us if this works.

Phil

An afterthought - if you have this route you will also have the majority of assets for YardSwitching and RiversideRailroad. All three use essentially the same tool kit of dependencies.

Last edited:
Heya Phil, How did you make the gondolas load, Whats it's kuid?

Better yet, Whats the kuid of the industry that loads pipe things? So i can load the gondolas.

Hey KoolKid --

Have ya tired the session?

If so, just use the picker tool in the rolling stock flyout to click on the gondola and you will find out what it is. Then use the ? tool to see how I've configured it.

Same for the ProtoLARS and LARS tracks used for loading and unloading in the session.

Wot - you haven't tried the session? You should, then all will become clear!

Phil

(Actually, get back to me here if a bright cool kid like you can't figure it out.)

I couldn't if i wanted to, 71 MB is to much!

Talk about a overload!

I don't have the best computer. :(

KK --

I understand. The size of the download for most routes can be a real bummer. A substantial part of the download for this route are the products used by the interactive industry tracks - the likes of containers, trailers, bulk products, ... .

If you go here:

http://www.worldoftrainz.com/Pages/Tutorials_TRS2004/LARS-ProtoLARS-TutTRS.htm

you will find a tutorial on how to set up LARS, ProtoLARS and freight cars to carry various loads. Those LARS tracks will produce and consume the pipes you see in the screen shot. Unfortunately for you, once again the download for the products required by these tracks is quite large.

The other alternative is to use the Multi Industry New track. However, this can be a real challenge to set up correctly. I believe there is a tutorial on this somewhere too.

The gondolas are by AltoDave. Look for Gon00. They are HIGHLY interactive and can be made to carry almost any industrial or bulk load.

Hope this helps,
Phil

Where to find the folder?

I am quite new at this. Please tell me where I can find the 'folder' mentioned in the message.
"Maps and a readme are included in the folder containing the session."
Thanks
Chuck H.
Sorry! I just found the answer to my earlier post.

Last edited:
Thanks a million Phil
I use 2006 and this works great!
I really like what I see so far. I will go on to the other routes you mentioned.
Thanks again
Chuck H.

This route may have been attached to the PO&N Map.

(Now to wait to see who will mention the lat post date in the thread. I don't want to.)
Get ready for some posts towards you Routebuilder.

Please. Don't. Bump. Very. Old. Threads. (3 Months Is One Thing, But 5 Years Is another).
Did you even realize this was from 2007?

Back