New route building 3rd Party tools?

azurerail

Hello, everyone.

Its been a while since i last posted here and Trainzing or building a route, so i'd love it if you kind Trainz folk could help me catch up in tools availible for free or even payware? I loved the kickstarter for TANE and are N3V going to do one again in the near future?

Ahh i remember my first Trainz expirience in 2009, recreating Australian routes, but the tool TRANSdem always illuded me and i never really got it to do what i desired. Now im getting back into trainz and i'm looking for any tools that could be used to generate routes out of map data like google Earth to help me create "Fictional extentions" from the real rail corridoors". I am going to resume an old project making high speed railcorridoors based on the actual proposed HSR that the Australian government keeps puting off. so far "Before i was sick" i had Mount isa to tennant ck ( 3 Peice route 100 KM segments) built by switching to google Earth where a semi realistic traced path allowed me to copy Elevations and Headings. Its crazy how long it takes to build using that method and dream of a day where a Traced path in G.E could be used to generate Terrain Elevation profile. perhaps there are tools now that could actually perform what i desire?

Aussie Routes, i love em, i'd even pay for DLC, so if you're in the know of some Quality Australian Routes, could you list some for me, please?

Anyhow, thank you very much for reading my post and for future suggestions. :wave:

Best, Azurerail

PM me. I have a link to a Quick and Easy guide for TransDEM I put together. It's not perfect, but it'll get you going on route building.

Hello, everyone.

Its been a while since i last posted here and Trainzing or building a route, so i'd love it if you kind Trainz folk could help me catch up in tools availible for free or even payware? I loved the kickstarter for TANE and are N3V going to do one again in the near future?

Ahh i remember my first Trainz expirience in 2009, recreating Australian routes, but the tool TRANSdem always illuded me and i never really got it to do what i desired. Now im getting back into trainz and i'm looking for any tools that could be used to generate routes out of map data like google Earth to help me create "Fictional extentions" from the real rail corridoors". I am going to resume an old project making high speed railcorridoors based on the actual proposed HSR that the Australian government keeps puting off. so far "Before i was sick" i had Mount isa to tennant ck ( 3 Peice route 100 KM segments) built by switching to google Earth where a semi realistic traced path allowed me to copy Elevations and Headings. Its crazy how long it takes to build using that method and dream of a day where a Traced path in G.E could be used to generate Terrain Elevation profile. perhaps there are tools now that could actually perform what i desire?

Aussie Routes, i love em, i'd even pay for DLC, so if you're in the know of some Quality Australian Routes, could you list some for me, please?

Anyhow, thank you very much for reading my post and for future suggestions. :wave:

Best, Azurerail

Hi Azurerail,

Welcome back. I hope you are feeling much better now.

If you are looking for some good Aussie routes, can I suggest checking the thread, 'Australian Screenshots'. This is where a number of talented route-builders display what they are creating. I know there are several routes still under construction and nearing completion, but they will definitely be worth waiting for.

If you have a particular interest in NSW routes, I can also point you in the right direction for rolling stock as well. Send me a PM for more info .

Cheers,
Roy3b3

Back