New Route - BNSF Clovis Sub West

Dermmy,
Ive downloaded the route and session, and I'm using them on TS2009. It looks very nice and runs well with 1 exception on the session. All the AI trains move at 2 mph unless under my control. If I take control I can get them moving at the appropriate speed but, then all I do is keep checking trains as they are speeding up and slowing down due to terrain.
Could you please offer any advice on the AI trains following their schedule ? I understand that this wasn't made for use in TS2009, but Im new to all this and wonder if there is something that I have missed.

Thanks,
Mog

hi mog

Oops - I keep forgetting to update the download page for a known TRS2009 issue.

You must remove every instance of the 'AI-Brake' from every consist, including Portal consists. The artificial brake was needful in TRS06, but for some unknown reason is broken in 09.

I will attempt an 09-compliant session shortly.....

Andy :)

There is now a quick and dirty UNTESTED OPEN BETA session for TRS09 on the Checkrail.com Clovis download page. The session is identical to the TRS06 session except the AI-Brake is removed from all consists. Click my sig and follow the Download links.

Please report any issues either here or via email...

Thanks Mike, I don't have TRS09 but thought the new session would work - good to know it does!

Dermmy,
Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I wanted to let you know the 2009 version works great. Thank you for helping me out.

Mog

I realize that I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I'm having a gret deal of difficulty locating a kuid: 261222:1053. It's a missing dependancy of the BNSF SD40-2's off of USLW. Any help in locating them?

Cheers, Brent

Hello Brent,

You can find that asset on USLW it's an Airchime K5Hr24 recorded from Bay Colony's U-Boat locomotive. Cannot remember the exact location, try under the hornsound section.....

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Thankyou very much exrailwayman! That cleared all dependancies for Clovis Sub and the TRS2009 Session, so as of this date, all are still available.

Cheers

So Andy... absolutely stunning work, I have to say; I'm looking foward to any future additions very much!!

I'm new to Trainz so I'm still learning... couple questions though. The drivers will say they are waiting at a specific junction and will not move because of a red signal or an oncoming train. I'm trying to get the train to crossover the double track, but the switches are locked for the oncoming train to use the crossover! How do I switch which train will enter the crossover first? Another situation: there is a train still making it's way up Abo Canyon, but hasn't hit the double track yet - how do I follow another train up the canyon hot on it's heals?

I'm getting a few interesting things with the AI: I had one mexican standoff I had to manage myself, but otherwise its been going fairly well. I have had a lone BNSF SD70Ace enter and run the length of the route from the east, and an empty trailer train enter from the west - I CANNOT control these trains and they're not assigned a driver, but they're driving all right, lol... I can't do anything with them... any thoughts?

I'm wondering if you may be able to lend a had, I would like to modify this session slightly for my own personal use. I'd like to mix up the consists a little more, I ended up having two consists parked in Belen fueling and they were both identical! How could I edit the rolling stock for these trains to switch the cars up with others that look different; is it simple enough to learn?

Can I add a local that would arrive in to Belen, drop some cars and pick some up and then leave? Is that possible with AI?

I'm not familar with the operations on the Clovis Sub, so I don't know much really:) Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers, Brent

I have had a lone BNSF SD70Ace enter and run the length of the route from the east, and an empty trailer train enter from the west - I CANNOT control these trains and they're not assigned a driver, but they're driving all right, lol... I can't do anything with them... any thoughts?

This is often the result of saving and shutting down the session when a train is being produced by a portal. The save ruins the train being assigned a driver, and the train will just motor on, oblivious to any interaction from you UNLESS you can catch it and couple on with a engine that has a driver assigned. Then you can can give it commands. It's fun, you ought to try to catch one of these runaways someday!:)

Wow Brent - twenty questions !!

As Ed says, i suspect you have saved while a portal is spawning a train which can be catastrophic :( It is hard to avoid with three portals creating at more-or less random intervals. I generally save twice about five minutes apart, if the first save is cactus, chances are the second will be OK.

You can add new trains to the portals or edit the existing trains in Surveyor, simply go to the portal, enter 'Objects' mode and click the portal with the '?' tool active.

Be wary of adding too much content. Repeat content uses less resources than a lot of variety and too much content will at least slow you down or possibly crash your system...

There are instructions on this page that show how to get control of a junction from an AI driver.

The only way to follow hard on the heels of a train up the canyon is cancel the AI driver instructions and drive it up yourself - you can re-instate the AI driver later. Adding extra signals in the canyon would allow the AI to follow, but add then in one direction only, else a Mexican stand-off is inevitable. You will find though that the AI is now favoured in the 'more-signals' direction and the other end of the canyon will get congested - which is entirely prototypical. I have read an account somewhere of a hog crew on a busy day spending their entire shift sitting at East Sais waiting for the signal to change while streams of Qs and Zs thundered past in both directions. Their signal never changed - they spent the whole shift staring at the same red light!

Getting the AI to run a local is possible, but tricky. Experiment with a new one-train session, then add the train to the 'main' session when it behaves as required.

Last edited:
a hog crew on a busy day spending their entire shift sitting at East Sais waiting for the signal to change while streams of Qs and Zs thundered past in both directions. Their signal never changed - they spent the whole shift staring at the same red light!

Really! Wouldn't a crew swap be required then to avoid the previous crew running out of maximum allowed operating hours? To think I start getting bored after ten minutes in the hole on the Vegreville Sub. :eek:

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

Great route. I built a new session for it and am really enjoying it. I tweaked the signals through the canyon and so far the AI is dealing with it rather well. I wish someone would build a decent 2 head automatic signal.

Great route. I built a new session for it and am really enjoying it. I tweaked the signals through the canyon and so far the AI is dealing with it rather well. I wish someone would build a decent 2 head automatic signal.

Thanks Mouse, glad you are enjoying the route.

JointedRail's Safetran signals are on Clovis2, together with improvements in the signalling on the C1 part of the route. The route now has correct working divergance signals on most crossovers together with new aspects like flashing yellows etc....

Last edited:
Back