New Patch

razor

ok can i start the topic patch 47059-48054 does not work for me got about half way then started throwing up errors i cancelled it re downloaded and now it says cant patch wrong version any ideas i hope this does not mean that i have to reinstall trainz again running win 7 ult 64bit.

Same here....a billion errors, and then it aborted itself. Same patch, same OS...:(

Yup, "routes" are gone from my installation as well. Hosed, hosed, well and truly hosed. Doesn't pay to be early adopters I suppose. I wouldn't recommend this patch for anyone else.

It's too late for me, save yourself!

Glad I gave up on it before it got to far then! Capped 'net speed atm meant it was going to take to long to download, so I stopped it.

I hope you two backed up your content before you patched!

Matt.

Yup, "routes" are gone from my installation as well. Hosed, hosed, well and truly hosed. Doesn't pay to be early adopters I suppose. I wouldn't recommend this patch for anyone else.

It's too late for me, save yourself!

Same here. Win7 32 bit.

Thanks for the headsup on the bad news. I shall be waiting til I know its safe to do patching. Sorry for you all that probably have to reinstall Trainz again :(

Cheers

Trent

I hope you two backed up your content before you patched!

Matt.

This was a clean install, not my desktop so I'm not too upset. I get a bunch of these errors when I do an EDR. It's hosed good.

5bf03a13f402feacf6f9314f6ff9b07b.jpg

well i suppose ill have to spend all day reinstalling trainz and try and save as much as i can, i can think of better things to do on my day off but if you have the trainz bug you got to do it

Hi All
Can someone please provide the errors that you are seeing with the patch when installing?

Can you also please tell me what build number you patched from?

By the way, before you do a re-install, drop us a ticket at the helpdesk (I would recommend anyone seeing issues with the patch drop us a ticket as well, so we can investigate this fully).

We can then walk you through backing up your content for re-installing, as well as look into the possible causes at the same time.

Yep same here. You would think by now that Aruan would make sure the patch would install properly before releasing it. Its not re-installing trainz that I find pain, its all the addons and backups that take all the time.
:'(

Hi All
Can someone please provide the errors that you are seeing with the patch when installing?

Can you also please tell me what build number you patched from?

Exactly the same that Ed has in his screenshot above, and I patched from build 47059.

Mine actually went by rather quickly it gave me some errors at first saying that the content was already removed, and then about halfway through it just flat died. If I try to run it again it tells me that it doesn't apply to my version even though my build version still says 47059 when I start Trainz. But on the main menu there are no routes shown and in content manager I'm getting the same errors that Ed is getting. I may actually do a clean install (since I didn't have anything to lose anyway) and try patching it from the earlier build. I'll let you know how it works

Last edited:
Patched from 47059. Got a lot of errors during the patching process saying it could find find a whole list of prebuilt files and they must have been removed already. Then the patching window sends a message that the patch failed to install, then another message saying that it failed to restore the backup file it created. And now there is no surveyor or content update box on the main window. In CMP get I get the cant locate an entry point in Rendersystem_7c.dll

:'(

Same as others it stuffed up my installation with errors about prebuilt libraries.....etc and wont let it patch again.

Thats it for me tonight off to watch State of Origin, go the Blues.

Bob

I just tried to patch again Zec, but now it's saying it's not applicable to my version, so I can't.

As others have said, when patching it flags a few dozen files and then says they must have already been removed. The error I showed above is when you then try to run CM after the patch aborts itself.

Just put it on the fresh and thought I would try 46957_to_48054.exe

The following are the results

error%20one.jpg

error%20two.jpg

error%20three.jpg

details%20of%20error%20three.jpg

I wish I had thought to get the details of the first error but I didn't but I suspect they are going to be the same type of error listed above.

These errors are during the install the patch…

Last edited:
Back