New Northeastern Diesel Commuter Route

Isaacg

Hi!

GreenwichStationand1010CentralAve.jpg

Greewich Station is the terminal for all Penn City(Central) trains to Greenwich. It is also an intermediate for the Penn City(5th Ave) trains to Scarborough and Hillsborough. In the Background is the City & Suburb Development LLC's 1010 Central Avenue.
This local project is a key factor to the revitalisation of Greenwich. It sports shops on the first floor and city condo flats on the second and third floors.

GreenwichEstatesConstruction.jpg

Greenwich Developments LLC, has this new project: The Greenwich Estates. This is one of hundreds of projects going on by
Greenwich Developments LLC.

GreenwichCommunityHospital.jpg

This is the Greenwich Community Hospital. A lot of college students intern here at the Greenwich Branch of University of Penn City

FictionalI-75andtheCrosstownJunctio.jpg

A propsal of the new Crosstown-I4-I275-I75 Interchange This shows the Crosstown(Toll Road 618) crossing with I-75

StateHWY60CrossingtheGreenwichEstua.jpg

This is State Highway 60 crossing the Greenwich Creek Estuary. State Highway 60 Starts in Penn City the goes westward to Trenton.

GreenwichStationTurntable.jpg

The Greenwich Turntable. This is for locomotives without cabcars in ther consist. The table is hardly ever used. The last time
use was recorded it was on May 7, 1975.

Last edited:
A Little Intro on the Penn City RTA Commter System. This is one of five new commuter rail routes operated by Penn City RTA. It starts at Penn City Central then moves its way west to Mansfield, on to New London and terminates in the small but stylish city of Greenwich. The maximum speed limit on the Greenwich Sub is an estimated 80MPH. The only time traffic is held up is when CSX and Norfolk Southern are passing through.

~To Be Continued~

Nice :)

Good refrence of the Florida Toll Roads (a pain in themselves)

Ive got a question though , where did u get the buildings in these shots

Damn man! I need buy new a Trainz Classic (ahhhh) but wait first my money is very big enough then for sure I can buy them!:)

> Very great a layout there:)

REPLY: Penn City-Greenwich

Hi guys!

Yes Pvincent! I got stuck on the crosstown in Tampa coming from the evening church service downtown. I tell ya.... Toll Road 618 is a pain in the Junction(LOL).

Ummm... Gandalf. All buildings(including the skyscrapers) are in the payware route by TrainzItalia's Denver Layout. I'll use Tlanders' for the final release, though. I'm still hitting the F40PH in a redone NJT scheme... but to no avail.

Ish, thanks for your comments! I hope you and everyone who sees this thread likes the route!

P.s. I've got some fictional trains for the rail system. This route is one of four other routes that will be in separate segments. I'll also merge all of the routes together as well for a full system.

Cheers!
Isaac Grove

Hey Guys!

I've got some more Photos. Here are the ones above that are presented in a more twisted form.

Click on the photo of the
Downtown Interchange
above. It'll open in a
photobucket slideshow.

and

GreenwichAffordableHousingProjectsa.jpg

Greenwich is finally finished for now. The route is going to move eastward, then connect to the next town. Barnesville. After Barnesville there is a large commuter yard and a junction. Barnesville TMD and the Junction to the Hillsborough line. The Hillsborough line is the reason why Greenwich is NOT exactly a terminal. The Scarborough line joins the Greenwich line to Scarborough from Mt. Washington to Danwood State Street. These lines will not be available until the Greenwich line is released. After release of the Greenwich Sub, the Hillsborough line is next. Then the Scarborough. There are also plans for a long distance AMTRAK extension as well as an extra commuter line. More details for each expansion to continue.

~Isaac Grove~

Hi Guys!

I've got several routes slated for construction.

They are the following:

-Greenwich (Penn City-Mansfield-New London-Greenwich)
-Hillsborough (Penn City-Saybrook-Barnesville-Hillsborough)
-Scarborough (Penn City-Barnesville-Scarborough)
-Camden (Penn City-Penn University-Allentown-Camden)
-Newark (Penn City-Sunnyside-Newark)
-Longwood (Penn City-Oak Park-Mansfield-Longwood)
-Washington (Penn City-Metropark-Holloway-Mount Washington- Washington)

There are also some TMDs planned for construction. TMD's are Train Maintainance Depots.

-Sunnyside
-Barnesville

Here are some more photos of Greenwich.

GreenwichSquare-JPPlazaHotel.jpg

Isaac

Hi Isaac

Great setup you got here ... I like urban type of layouts so looking forward to this one ...

Got a question though, what's the name of the stadium looming in the background from the picture above?:wave:

Thanks
Ish

Hi Ish,

The real name of the stadium is Coors field from the West from Denver Route. It will NOT be in the final release. If you have this payware add-on, send me an e-mail and I will give you the one with the West from Denver content. Its ficticious name is Greenwich Park Metro Staduim. The next phase to Barnesville is a sort of country style route. I plan on growing seven(7) farms on this line. The connections from the Hillsborough line start at Barnesville. I also plan on a release of two kinds of reskinned rolling stock. A DMU and a Electric or Diesel locomotive with Bi and Single level coaches and cabcars. Some content will be compatible with P-dehnert's Destination Sign plugin.

Isaac Grove

Hi Ish,

The real name of the stadium is Coors field from the West from Denver Route. It will NOT be in the final release. If you have this payware add-on, send me an e-mail and I will give you the one with the West from Denver content. Its ficticious name is Greenwich Park Metro Staduim. The next phase to Barnesville is a sort of country style route. I plan on growing seven(7) farms on this line. The connections from the Hillsborough line start at Barnesville. I also plan on a release of two kinds of reskinned rolling stock. A DMU and a Electric or Diesel locomotive with Bi and Single level coaches and cabcars. Some content will be compatible with P-dehnert's Destination Sign plugin.

Isaac Grove

Hi Isaac,

No, i don't have the payware add-on's, however, still looking forward to your route!

Since I don't really spend so much time on the forum when your route hits the DLS, and if you remember, just drop me PM message please, so I know to download the route!!

Great pictures -- looking forward to seeing more!!!

Thanks for responding so quickly!!:wave: :)

Ishie

Hi Guys(and Ish)!

I'd like to say I'll be posting shots of barnesville right now. Barnesville is where all of the commuter trains to Hillsborough and Scarborough link on to the Greenwich Line. The Hillsborough and Scarborough lines head westward to Greenwich then split up at Greenwich Junction. After Barnesville, the route shall continue to about 3 to 5 miles to Mansfield. As of Mansfield, stations will come up quicker and more frequent hence the MTA's requirement of slowing down to 45MPH. 1 Mile east of Mansfield, the junction for Longwood appears. This is for weekday services only. Sundays and Holidays, branchline trains are replaced with buses. There are only three stations on the Longwood Branch. Altamonte Springs, Rocky Pointe, and of course, Longwood. Back on the main drag, the route continues until it hits Earlington Heights. The route continues nonstop to a small halt at Waterbury. Finally we arrive at New London. Several Amtrak services stop here, so traffic during peak and sometimes off-peak travel times will be heavy. Platforms 1-3 are all Amtrak services, platforms 1 & 2 being long distance, and platform 3 being medium/short distance. Amtrak also has plans for a new AutoTrain terminal and New London is a very good canidate. As with Greenwich, New London Union Station and the immediate areas have been going through a "Renaissance" period. Re-Development is the major attraction here at the moment and the population is growing to a mere 700,000 citizens and residents. New London is second busiest station on the Greenwich line, Greenwich being first. New London also hosts CSX Intermodal yards here for the Penn City Metropolitan Area and it's suburbs. The line then curves northeasterly towards the city skyline. The stations are now every 1/4 of a mile to 1 mile in between. Due to traffic restrictions and speed, the MTA has only selected 3 stations after the Superior River. The stations are specifically, Crestwood, Oak Park, Convention-53rd. After Convention-53rd, the train goes further down into the dark, cold tunnels of Penn City Central Station. Other trains may stop here but continue on to
Penn City-5th Ave or LaSalle Street Stations. In cooperation, you may encounter several LRT services and subway services. They serve the Greater Penn City Area. This route will be interchange able to connect to my other planned routes!

Isaac Marchant Grove

~Continued(Photos)~

Here are the Pics

BarnesvilleStation.jpg

This is Barnesville Train Station

BarnesvilleStation-MainStreetBridge.jpg

This is at the east end of the station. Main Street runs over top of the station

GreenwichEastsideWaterTower.jpg

Eastside Greenwich Water Tower

MNP32ACDMatGreenwichTurntable.jpg

Having some fun at Greenwich Station's Turntable

More Coming Soon!

Isaac

Rolling stock canidates- To be, or not to be, that's the question!

Hi Guys!

After leasing several Metro-North RR trains, the Metropolitan RR has decided that to be able to continue services, it must have its own stock. Therefore, the MetroRR has chosen several canidates from the DMU, EMU, Electric, Diesel locomotive category. The EMUs will only serve ELECTRIFIED lines. If in any circumstances, there is an emergency need for stock on a NON-electrified line, a GP7 or GP9 must accompany the EMU. The same goes with the electric locomotives. There are only '3' DMU canidates left. A European Bi-Level FlexiTrain has Arrived in Greenwich about a week ago. It is shown here on display:

DemoMultipleUnitatBarnesville.jpg

It recently had its european bell removed and a K5LAR horn and bell fitted on.

Isaac

Hi Guys(and Ish)!

I'd like to say I'll be posting shots of barnesville right now. Barnesville is where all of the commuter trains to Hillsborough and Scarborough link on to the Greenwich Line. The Hillsborough and Scarborough lines head westward to Greenwich then split up at Greenwich Junction. After Barnesville, the route shall continue to about 3 to 5 miles to Mansfield. As of Mansfield, stations will come up quicker and more frequent hence the MTA's requirement of slowing down to 45MPH. 1 Mile east of Mansfield, the junction for Longwood appears. This is for weekday services only. Sundays and Holidays, branchline trains are replaced with buses. There are only three stations on the Longwood Branch. Altamonte Springs, Rocky Pointe, and of course, Longwood. Back on the main drag, the route continues until it hits Earlington Heights. The route continues nonstop to a small halt at Waterbury. Finally we arrive at New London. Several Amtrak services stop here, so traffic during peak and sometimes off-peak travel times will be heavy. Platforms 1-3 are all Amtrak services, platforms 1 & 2 being long distance, and platform 3 being medium/short distance. Amtrak also has plans for a new AutoTrain terminal and New London is a very good canidate. As with Greenwich, New London Union Station and the immediate areas have been going through a "Renaissance" period. Re-Development is the major attraction here at the moment and the population is growing to a mere 700,000 citizens and residents. New London is second busiest station on the Greenwich line, Greenwich being first. New London also hosts CSX Intermodal yards here for the Penn City Metropolitan Area and it's suburbs. The line then curves northeasterly towards the city skyline. The stations are now every 1/4 of a mile to 1 mile in between. Due to traffic restrictions and speed, the MTA has only selected 3 stations after the Superior River. The stations are specifically, Crestwood, Oak Park, Convention-53rd. After Convention-53rd, the train goes further down into the dark, cold tunnels of Penn City Central Station. Other trains may stop here but continue on to
Penn City-5th Ave or LaSalle Street Stations. In cooperation, you may encounter several LRT services and subway services. They serve the Greater Penn City Area. This route will be interchange able to connect to my other planned routes!

Isaac Marchant Grove

~Continued(Photos)~

wow ... you're really doing a fine job!!!:wave: :D

Ishie

Its Sunday here in Sunny Downtown Clearwater! I've got one or two more pics of the route. I have more going through the TGA to BMP machine at home on GIMP 2.4! I'm @ the library on the public computers. I only have 3 rounds of one hour!

I'll post more pics soon!

Back