New Computer & Operating System

Wobbly_Ron

Hello All;

I run Trainz 2004 and 2006 on my AMD Basic 64 CPU Computer, 2 Gb of rather slow ram. Operating System XP Pro. It runs okay and is quite smooth on the big layouts I use. I have used this computer for some 2 years now. Santa and my girl-friend have been good to me and I'm looking for another replacement.

Can either Trainz 2004 & 2006 work in a Vista '64' bit enviorment? Are there any issues with using either 'Duel Core' or 'Quad Core' CPU's whether they be AMD or Intel with either of the Trianz Software?

In view of how Hardware has really become more affordable in some respects over the past couple of years, (It's about the only thing that has here in the UK!!!!!!!!!!! Tax Tax Tax Tax and even more TAX!!) is there any particular pieces of Hardware that helps to increase the enjoyment and smooth running of Trainz Software................. SATA Hard Disks are an item I have in mind.

Video Cards................................Nivada PCI-Express the right direction??? Any help you wonderful people would be most welcome.

There must be some way of using all that wonderful Cheap Ram now.

respects as always

Graham:)

Hold back a couple of weeks until the 45 nm Intel cpus are out. They will be faster but more important run cooler.

Also nVidia is expected to have a new video card out based on the 8800GT with more than 512 mb of memory.

Cheerio John

Back