New computer and download station questions

Allypup2

I jumped the gun with my stimulus money and finally am upgrading my computer, 2019 plat should run on this with no problem:
CLX Horus
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.60GHz Hexa-Core
Motherboard ASROCK B450 Pro4
Memory 2x Patriot Elite Viper
Total 32GB Dual Channel Memory
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 6GB
Operating System Storage Seagate 500GB 2.5in SATA3 BarraCuda SSD
Cooling Solution CLX Quench 120 Closed Liquid Cooler
Secondary Storage Seagate 500GB 2.5in SATA3 BarraCuda SSD
Chassis Selection Phanteks Eclipse P300A M-Tower ATX Black
Chassis Fans 3x Standard 120mm Case Fans
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake 80 Plus Power Supply
Network Connectivity Netis Wireless 802.11n Adapter
Keyboard MSI Vigor GK30 USB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Display MSI Optix G24C 24 Gaming F-Sync Full HD
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Professional
Elecom wireless trackball

The old computer was stuck at 2010, my goal is to recreate an historical route, the Boston and Albany, circa 1955.
Trying to update assets through 2010 content update left 1600+ items that "were not found", 427 faulty dependencies, etc. You get the idea.

So the question is, is downloadable content for 2019 platinum reasonably up to date?

Thanks in advance.

Trying to update assets through 2010 content update left 1600+ items that "were not found", 427 faulty dependencies, etc. You get the idea.

Owing to the lack of response, I am not sure we have. Are we to understand you thoroughly updated your 2010 asset library using the 2010 Content Manager with the modern DLS inventory? Usually in that scenario, one filters out the DLS assets whose game version exceeds their content manager (in your case assets exceeding game version 3.2 to 3.4, depending which of the 4 service packs you applied) or that process renders their older game somewhat useless.

So the question is, is downloadable content for 2019 platinum reasonably up to date?

Seems like a rhetorical question: There is nothing to compare it to that could deem it inferior, so how could it not be?

While pondering what's up to date, lets take a moment with regard to this, concerning terminology. As of TANE going forward "download content" (DLC) refers to premium content available through the "Store" module of the game and is discrete from the free DLS content. Think about when you use the term "downloadable content" if you are referring to this premium content or the DLS. In either event, it does not change the answer. What comparative measure is available to access whether the latest available is unreasonably out of date?

Thanks for the reply. In neither the in game "content updates" nor content manager 3.3 build49933 do I find an option to limit the search to build 3.3. things like the PRR steam expansion I bought are totally full of faults. Some of the updates had 'rules' that broke the tutorials.

Between OS re installs and ill health, it wasn't until recently I had the opportunity to reinstall 2010 and remembered how much I liked the game. Reduced health costs made the purchase of a new computer possible.

I guess the best course of action is to wait for the custom built system to arrive. and see how well the base 2019 fits my goal of recreating the B&A.

Thanks for the reply. In neither the in game "content updates" nor content manager 3.3 build49933

In TS12's CM one can create the logical qualifier to limit the progression of assets : "And Not" "Minimum Build Version" "3.4". Not sure about 2010's CM. Otherwise do a "asset versions" listing of each component and delete assets with build versions 3.4 and higher in favor of 3.3 and lower. You can also try TS12 in the interim for small money to get you to 3.7.

and see how well the base 2019 fits my goal of recreating the B&A.
We are on SP2 ready for SP3 to release. In fact, they will not let you install the base 2019.

Best wishes for your rapid recovery...

Last edited:
Back