New Aircraft

Hey Vulcan
How far are your runways and hercules
Also, where do you get these plans, because I wanted to know if hyou could see if you could make an an-22?
They're really big
an-22.gif

http://www.umt.fme.vutbr.cz/~ruja/modely/podklady/Antonov/AN-22/An-22.jpg
http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/aircraft-pictures/AN22large.jpg
Jamie

This list keeps getting longer, have to hire more staff. :)

I have just uploaded corrected models that should work in TRS2006 for the Messerschmitt, P38, the B24s, and Boomerang. The A10s have been updated, there are two models with different tail fins colours. I am getting notes from Auran about missing version 1 dependencies when the version 2 dependency is already on the DLS, so hope we have no problems with that.

The aerobatic Tiger Moths are also uploaded, two models, try out the B and V keys, or place track triggers. All models should be there in 6 hours or so.

I would like to upload the runway models and taxiway models over the weekend, but the airport terminal needs more modelling and checking.

The Hercules will be a while, because I have not had time to change over the landing gear from pantograph to automatic operation - too many things on the go. :hehe:

Noel, you have a lot of pictures on the site, with the b24 hiding in the gum trees too.

Scott, won't update all models to do rolls, it takes a while to do the animation, perhaps the Spitfire eventually.

Ian

Hey Vulcan
Can I create a route which shows all the things you've made
Aircraft
City Cat
Flying Boat
And Maybe some other stuff I find
And if it's good enough upload it to the DLS??
Jamie

I thought I would post some screenshots of another plane I have been testing for Ian, this one is a lot of fun and as with all the others an amazing creation. While these creations are not trains, the scripting and technical creativity involved in them opens up a lot of "doors" for our Trainz World.

seeseeme201006110000.jpg

seeseeme201006100000.jpg

The sound of the wheels retracting is great, a very nice touch.
seeseeme201006110001.jpg

seeseeme201006110002.jpg

As you speed up the wings start to swing back,
seeseeme201006110003.jpg

seeseeme201006110004.jpg

seeseeme201006110005.jpg

To be Continued

Last edited:
More.

The afterburners look great.

seeseeme201006110007.jpg

seeseeme201006110012.jpg

The missiles also swing with the wings so that they are always facing forward, another amazing piece of scripting.

seeseeme201006110013.jpg

seeseeme201006110015.jpg

If you get the timing right with Boat's new trigger, you will even get a squeal sound and smoke as the wheels touch the ground

seeseeme201006110021.jpg

And if your having trouble stopping just use your chute

seeseeme201006110023.jpg

And that's it for now :)

Craig
:):):)

Craig you lucky 'edited'
They are my favourite warbirds ever! Equal with the F-22 Raptor
They're so awesome
Jamie

The PIG.

Love the aircraft. It will be a must have. It's a shame that they are being retired and replaced with the F-18.

Regards,
Warren

Jamie,

Vulcan has already made an Abrams M1 tank, kuid2:60238:38601:1 plus a product for suitable wagons kuid2:60238:70008:1.

Craig
:):):)

Goose you idiot, you just fired at there oil tankers

Get your butt on deck NOW !!

Bugger missed the 3 wire

Get set up in cat1, just in case ...., i hope you know you blew it, they won't let as back you know that.

No wounder you played a REO in the movie .... Jackass

nzld :hehe:

Vulcan, check out this site http://www.airliners.net/aircraft-data/
it may help you out with more details, spec's,cockpit photo's, seating plan etc..

I'm going to try laying 2 more tracks over my existing runway track, will start as a 3 way switch, 1st track will be set up for large aircraft using the full length of the runway for take off.

2nd for medium and 3rd for light, this way i can have 3 different take off points. the aircraft will taxi to trackmark 34L and then depending on type, will takeoff via 34LH (heavy) 34LM (medium) 34L (light)

nzld

Last edited:
And Gordon, that's why he's called goose:hehe:
Vulcan, I just read A380s need 3300 metres to take off, can we snap the runways together??
Jamie

Hi Jamie,

No you can't snap them together, the inbuilt track extends past the ends of the runway. Anyway, you would be very bored if you waited 3300 metres to get off the ground, that is 4 plus baseboards.

nzld, you aren't shooting up my tankers are you - take away your pilots licence. Yes I do refer to that site, it has many good pictures for guidance. Like the aircraft carrier, umm, a tail hook should be possible with the right aircraft. :cool:

The two runways, the taxiway splines and fixed track turnouts and the International terminal have been uploaded and approved, should be available in about 5 hours. Click on the runways and fixed track turnouts in Surveyor for a help screen on how to use them. Try the runway at night.

The terminal has four tracks (gates) for larger aircraft and two other tracks for smaller ones. It has inbuilt track for the pushback tractor to use, and a passenger station as part of the model.

I need to work on the pushback tractor, and the A380s so you have some aircraft to make full use of the terminal. The dc3s will operate with the terminal, changing passengers, but they still have to be modified to have the automatic landing gear operation.

Remember these are build 2.6 models. Anyone try the new Tiger Moth?

Ian

And Gordon, that's why he's called goose:hehe:
Vulcan, I just read A380s need 3300 metres to take off, can we snap the runways together??
Jamie

Found this today:

16th February 2006, 11:44
There is so much complexity in the A380 performance, which has to include a proper route analysis, that it is impossible to speak so simply. But in the event that you don't mind being wrong but want to start somewhere:
MTOW 560 000 kgs
Takeoff distance at MTOW, Trents, 300', 30 degC = 2800 m
MLW 386 000 kgs
Landing distance at MLW, Trents, 300', 1900 m
LCN +/- 120 on the wing gear
Runway and taxiway width - far too complex. Group F. Runway 60m width plus all the rest of shoulders, blast etc. Taxiway - hey its gonna fall off many of the exisitng taxiways on the corners.
Summary - think 747 (apart from the pavement widths) and you'll cover much of it. Try this in real life and you'll go broke because the A380 is so finely tuned in the economics field (unlike the 747).

I would suggest the minimum runway length be at least 3500m, which caters for 747 long range ops and allows for the inevitable weight growth of the A380. Plus being a new facility, you’ll need the 240m RESAs beyond the strip end. All up, 4100m of length is desirable, although it can be done in 3400m for the 2800m runway.

An all new runway is actually much cheaper to build (per sq.m.). The 60m runway, shoulders, RESAs, parallel taxiway, widened taxiway turning fillets (also designed for the difficult to fit A340-600), connect to existing taxiway system, and providing enough taxiway exits (including a couple of high speed ones) so as to have good runway capacity: - US $52 million construction cost. Consulting fees and supervision and charges $8-10 million. Add US$10 million for earthworks (making the ground smooth and level) for an easy site or up to $50 mill if there are big amounts of filling and cutting to be done. Add in the terminal and gate upgrade costs. Add in the various factors mentioned above. That gives a feel for project basic cost to which a prudent person adds a contingency of 15-25%.

Gordon

Back