Need update soon.

The answer is "When it is ready".

You may not remember the disaster that was the initial release of TANE. It was released before it was ready, allegedly because of contractual obligations with a game distributor. There have been other, though less dramatic, examples with Service Pack releases.

I would much prefer to wait as long as it takes until the update has been tested, at least as far as it is possible to test software for bugs and other problems. Otherwise I can guarantee that there will be complaints that the update was "not complete", was released "too soon", etc.

My opinion.

... fix all the crap you guys broke with this update?
There are a number of ways that could be read.

"fix the crap" - surely not! Leaving it broken would be the best thing for it. We don't want that smelly stuff around!

"crap you guys broke with this update" - even better. I would see it as a good thing that the"guys" broke it for the same reason as above. More kudos to the team at N3V.

My thoughts.

It’s time to get used to N3V, they always did this, they fixed one thing, broke the rest, so that in the next patch they could fix what was broken and break something else. Business, nothing personal... And now they are generally silent

It is one of those "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situations. Acknowledging the presence of a bug (and all software has bugs) is not going to fix it.
in the next patch they could fix what was broken and break something else
That is the reality of software development and why testing a "fix" can take forever.

I regularly report bugs or less serious issues (such as display inconsistencies e.g. colours being entered as hexadecimal values in one place and the same colours being entered as decimal values between 0.000 and 1.000 in a different place) through the official bug reporting system. Most of the time I eventually (sometimes after a long wait) get a non-automated acknowledgement from a real person at N3V confirming the issue, or asking for more information. If the issue is confirmed then they add that it has been passed onto the devs and added to the long list of issues to be "fixed".

How many of all those issues hinted at (but not identified) in the initial post have been reported through the bug reporting system?

How fast do people expect a fix to be released with adequate testing of all possible problems that could arise? If you take "too long" you are criticised. If you release quickly without "adequate testing" you are criticised.

I prefer them to take their time and reduce (but you can never eliminate) future problems.

As they said in "Battlestar Galactica" - "All this has happened before and it will happen again"

They are very busy, they have a lot of competitors))) Therefore, it is better to do nothing than to do it once and well. And sending database reports is pointless, no one fixes anything

And sending database reports is pointless, no one fixes anything
Is that your personal experience? It is certainly not mine.

How many bug reports have you submitted? I have been a regular beta tester and have lost count of the number that I have submitted over the years.

Not every bug report that I have submitted has been fixed in the next update or beta release. Most have taken longer. One had to wait for the release of two new versions before it was fixed. With my current bug reports I am confident that they will eventually be fixed.

Why do people expect miracles?

I prefer them to take their time and reduce (but you can never eliminate) future problems.

I agree and disagree. The Sp3 update was released in November of 2023 and broke the way Ai trains work and some other stuff. So your telling me that your okay with waiting that long with not even a hot patch to fix any of these current bugs that the update brought? I paid close to a 100 dollars for a game where I can't even enjoy the gameplay cause of a update that broke stuff. No one is expecting a "miracle" like you said, but come on sp3 has been out for a while now, there should have been patches dropped to address the current bugs since last year. If the sp3 update dropped in January I would agree with what your saying because yeah it does make sense to wait rather than pushing a messy update out, but dam like i keep saying the update has been out for a while. how much more "time" do they need to fix the issues that happened all the way back in November of last year.

Last edited:
I agree and disagree. The Sp3 update was released in November of 2023 and broke the way Ai trains work and some other stuff. So your telling me that your okay with waiting that long with not even a hot patch to fix any of these current bugs that the update brought? I paid close to a 100 dollars for a game where I can't even enjoy the gameplay cause of a update that broke stuff. No one is expecting a "miracle" like you said, but come on sp3 has been out for a while now, there should have been patches dropped to address the current bugs since last year. If the sp3 update dropped in January I would agree with what your saying because yeah it does make sense to wait rather than pushing a messy update out, but dam like i keep saying the update has been out for a while. how much more "time" do they need to fix the issues that happened all the way back in November of last year.
I agree. This SP3 was released way too soon and thrust upon us at the holiday time just before they went on vacation without any announcement, or bug fix list. When the bugs hit the fan, no one was around with the radio silence being deafening. Up until this release, they had been pretty good, much better and different than in the past, working with us immediately and taking reports from the forums, but this release was very much like their olden days, and I'm thinking it was due to the rush before the holidays, and I put the blame on management on this one.

With the word being that the dev team is working on updates, there's a chance that these fixes may be included in this round since many of the issues we're seeing now seem to be related, at least it appears to me to be that way, to the new TLR and the upcoming dispatcher system. Other issues such as the bulk update, selected area, issue should've been reported sooner and hopefully that will be included as well. If no one has reported it, put it in NOW to ensure it will be fixed.

Remember what I've said. The developers don't know about the bugs unless we tell them about it and not through the forums. The developers do look at the forums, but not on a regular basis and given how quickly posts float off to ether deep within the bowels of the forums, this makes searching for errors reports even if they know whether they are any here for the dev's to read for that matter, making that impossible. The only way to get the dev's attention is to submit a bug report.

When submitting bug reports:

Use as much detail as you can. If the bug is repeatable, all the better, and finally include pictures, links to videos, samples, and even the very useful output from the Windows Problems Step recorder if you are using that platform.

I think that from Tane I learned my lesson well... I never reinstalled a patch until it was very, very well tested. I should consider myself lucky not to suffer any of the classic problems that I see here... or could it be that the big one is about to hit me? The only difference I notice is that I practically don't download anything from the DS, since I have to make my own Assets ... would this be relevant? Lucky man ... and still in 119451.

The above post is certainly one valid solution to the reported problems, but it is not for me.

I am on build 123794 for Trainz Plus and build 123801 for TRS22PE, both are the latest retail releases. Like afe_uy in the post above I have not suffered the problems that seem to plague other posters.

My secrets:-
  • I do not install any 3rd party content - if it does not come built-in with Trainz, if it is not on the DLS or included in DLC then I do not install it. My TRS22PE install is also free of all DLC so that I can use it as a compatibility test-bed for my Trainz Plus created content.
  • I keep my system drivers and Windows fully current with regular (minimum weekly) checks for updates . At the end of last year there was a lot of heat generated by users blaming N3V for crashes and other problems because they, the users, had not kept their drivers and Windows system up to date.
  • I backup all my work, including my vital non-Trainz files, to multiple external storage devices. So far I have not had to need to restore anything from these backups but you never know.

Im so glad I am not the only one feeling this way, I don't like the new 3D map, even on a RTX 3060, i9-12900KS, it struggles, and I only set graphics to high. I still run 5.3, the background colour of the map is now white and the trackside labels is also white the further you zoom out, you can't see the labels if they are displayed outside the map, previous colour worked good.

even on a RTX 3060, i9-12900KS, it struggles, and I only set graphics to high.

yup thats a next problem i've been noticing too. Doesn't matter if you have a good gpu, in my case a 3060ti , 5600x and 32gb of ram, you will still see issues like stuttering, horrible frame pacing, and slow rendering on maps. yes yes yes some might say to make sure the assets on your routes doesn't have a high poly count and make sure they have proper lods and stuff but you will still run into stuttering and other stuff. One thing I noticed is that the game lacks the ability to fully utilize hardware. I've witness multiple times that i will have low fps but my my gpu and cpu usage are low. and yes I've set my gpu to maximum performance in the NVidia control panel. every other games that i play on my pc runs with such a high fps. i even run vr games with no problem... it's like the trainz 22 game engine isn't optimized.......

Same here with a 3080, i9-12900KS, 64 GB RAM. I lowered my V-sync to half and got rid of the extra bling to kill the PBR and that helps a lot, and everything runs cooler as well.

The only setting I changed on the Nvidia Control Panel is the performance. The rest I leave at default. I tried fiddling with the other settings in the past and found that they either didn't do anything noticeable, or they caused performance issues that only made the bad performance worse.

TRS22 is very GPU intensive and makes use of the GPU for a lot of things in addition to putting the images on the screen. This is why the utilization is so high on the GPU.

Back