Need some input on what to do adding TS10 before, or after the the TS12 patch 57825

steamrodder

Fellow Trainzer
How should I do this, I'm going to install TS10 as an add on to TS12. Will it be a good idea to install before, or after the patch? -Robert-:confused:

Very bad idea, don't install as an addon using the installer, it will screw up your TS12. As per the instructions given by N3V on release of TS12 on how to add 2010, Install separately and copy the 2010 ja files to the builtin folder in TS12 manually, add your 2010 serial number to TS12 in launcher options, start TS12 and it should go through it updating database thing.

You can only use the installer to add on to an older version, so you could update 2010 to TS12 not the other way round as some have found out to their cost.

Add the 2010 ja files after you have finished patching.

G'day Robert, I have TS12 installed over TS10 and have no problems with it (I have not applied SP1 or patch at this stage).
What I did was to make a clean install of TS10 and patched it to
TS10 build 49933 I then installed TS12 over it and patched to TS12 build 49922 all goes well and this gives me all the TS10 assets that are not included in TS12. there are other ways around this but I think this is the safest.
Regards
Barrie

I very much doubt it will let you install ts10 over ts12 but if you want to find out, try it, I can't say one way or the other if it will work because I have never attempted to do such a daft idea.
I would load the ts10 as a stand alone then load ts12 on top of that.

I suggest you wait to install SP1 till they fix all reported the issue. I should have wait myself, now I have desapearing trees, no sound in surveyor........ I will probably reinstall everything without SP1 and follow my own advice.

Rail4Pete

Back