My First Route - Noordkop - Underway

marlonza

Hi everyone,

Since I don't know anyone personally who have remotely the same interests as me, there no one I can share the route that I have been building on my own every night for the last 3 weeks so far :)

I know these are screenshots, but this is more related to surveyor than anything else.

http://www.vudu.za.net/marlon/trainz2010/12may10/

It's a fictional route, with the landscape loosely based on my area. I can't do prototyping, as there isn't really enough south african resources for me, and secondly, the railsystem is so raped by our poor governmental control, that I can't really use it as a proud example (and even if I could, i would get mugged/murdered at most stations)... so fantasy is it.

Let me know what you think so far, keeping in mind it's my first route.
I have used many folk's advice on threads, and other routes as motivation. Hope it shows.

Regards
Marlon

The pics look cool.:)

Will the route be using built in assets or assets available on DLS? I'm no good at kuid hunting.

From the folder name in the link I take it this is a 2010 route that will run in native mode.

I look forward to running some trains on it, if you make it available.

Indeed 2010.
I will make it available once I have achieved "state of happiness" between my few industries so far. A few weeks for "part 1"

But yes, I am planning to just used built in items, although I might have used one or two textures or objects so far from DLS.

Thanks for the first response!

Hello Marlon,

Your screen shots are very good. Looks like a fun route under construction. And a first route, its impressive. Look forward to seeing it released. (I am a route download-a-holic)

Cheers

Trent

The shots look good Marlon.

I was in South Africa recently and was told to stay well clear of the trains as they aren't safe. What a pity.

Did you know there are two versions of Bloukrans bridge available for Trainz? One with the road as is, another with track. You can find it here http://www.medwayvalleytrainz.co.uk/custom_content_bridges.html

I don't think the bungee jump is on it though! Hehe.

Thanks guys.
Pfx, didn't know about the Bloukrans bridge, but keen, on my way to check it out, thanks for that.

And yes, the stations are crimenests, for the poorer class communities, makes it impossible to use. At the moment the Gautrain(on wikipedia) and the "blou trein" is about all we can safely enter...

pity indeed.

Ha, yes. The Blou Train. Bit out my price range.

Didn't some people get killed when one of those luxury trains derailed recently or did I dream that? What was the operator, Rovers or Rouvo or something?

Howzit marlonza, this is indeed a good day, checked your screens and your Route seems to be coming along just fine, 2010 sure looks pretty. I imagine the route to perhaps be in the Boland or along the Wineroute. Guesse that it is in Standard Guage. Believe this will be the 1st Route from ZA and the 2nd from Africa, the other being way up north in Morocco. Some authenticity with geagraphical features and place names will be much appreciated and give us something to be proud of. Ja it is a disgrace what happened to this beautifull country and the once mighty Spoorweg during the past 16 years, we got to keep the faith though. Any ways thank you for this and keep us posted. From Richards Bay.

Back