Multiple ATLS Trigger Activation

Hi, I was wondering how to make a level crossing so that the gates/lights/etc. only go down/turn on when 2 trains activate triggers. Example: We have got a train going through the crossing on the left activation one trigger. Then a train on the right track comes and activates the trigger on that track which then the Level crossing would be activated. Help appreciated! Thanks!

Dont quite understand your question. Are you asking how to control the level crossing on a double track with trains coming from both or same directions?

The ATLS triggers all need to be set on the same channel which controls all of that crossings assets. If you use the 4 trigger method then esch train must pass through 4 triggers to complete the cycle. This could comprise of a single track splitting into two tracks with one trigger on the single track and one trigger on each of the split tracks. You would need a further two triggers on each track after the crossing so the train passes four triggers. The one or two way method only needs the train to pass two triggers set some distance away from the crossing.

Last edited:
I know all that. I want it so the level crossing is only activated when more then one train is on two different tracks. So when the first train is on Track A and the second trains is on track B, it will activate. So each train one go over 1 trigger and then the level crossing will activate.

A trigger records that trains details only so it is not possible for a train on another track to use the same details. The system will remember the number of triggers each train has passed. Activation happens on the first trigger passed and again when all trains have reached the correct number.
The only possible way would be to use driver commands with TM's and wait for trigger.

Back