Multi-track industries problem/bug

ColPrice2002

HI,
I've set ip a consist to deliver woodchips from a lumber facility to a pulp mill.
The pulp mill has two interactive tracks - one for woodchip delivery, one for goods out.
The woodchips will load from the TLR, and then set a route to the Pulp mill - however, it sets the route to the general goods out track, not the woodchip delivery track.
It seems as if the same is tru at the 40'/80' container depot for general goods - the TFL dispatcher simply sets the destination as the first track it sees - not the one that accepts the goods...

Anyone else see this?

Colin

Yeah, I've seen that behavior while testing on my own test sessions. It most often is on the delivery destination as you are seeing.

I have seen this in normal operation at times. It has gone away without resolution. So, double check in normal.

I've run the route several times - single track industries are fine, but any of the industries with multiple load/deliver tracks have this problem.

Any suggestions on how it "goes away"?

Cheers,

Colin

Sorry, I don't have any ideas. I guess it is one of the limitations that Chris (windwalkr) mentioned that TLR has at the moment.

Thanks,

I suspect it may need revision of the actual assets, and is likely to affect passenger operations as well.
It’s something of a programming challenge!

regards,
Colin

Correct, the industry assets in question will need new script support for this to function. As a temporary measure for the early versions, we've "hard coded" this behaviour for a few builtin assets (Coal Mine Basic, Lumber Mill Basic and Oil Refinery Basic) but the preference is to add the support into the assets themselves. As the feature is new it will probably take a while for DLS assets to be updated by their creators.

All single track industries should function fine, as there's no ambiguity about where to deliver the product, but unfortunately (as the behaviour is implemented in script) the Living Railroad code has no way to determine where to send the cars.

The good news is that it's relatively simple to support. For scripters, have a look in Industry.gs, where you will find a new variant of AppendDriverDestinations() with a few new parameters, and/or check out the new function on the wiki: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Class_Industry#AppendDriverDestinations_2

Terry Palmer
Programmer
N3V Games

Is it also relevant to the passenger stations? I have many "Invisible station" multi-track station assets and a common scripting library for them and I'm wondering if I need to provide the support, too. Also, if I need to change, what would be the best way to provide some backward compatibility? Is the following scenario going to work?

1. I have the scripting library version N on DLS designed for T:ANE/TRS19
2. I upload the version N+1 designed for T+/TLR with the extra support for TLR
3. Each game version now finds and downloads the library version relevant for it.
4. If I want to make an unrelated update, I publish version N+2 for T:ANE/TRS19 and N+3 for T+/TLR

??

Terry, many thanks for your reply and the updates.
I’m now able to use the basic coal mine (4 loading bays) to supply a power station (one track delivery).
TLR doesn’t like using the coal mine, I’ve seen it send a consist to load at a loco supply depot (TPR), deliver to the Power station, then call for the supply depot to be replenished from the mine…

Thank you for the information, as I am experiencing the same issue on the Maine Central Portland Division/Part 2 v2. I included the upper portion of this thread in my support page to keep them informed.

Have a wonderful day,
Charlie

Now I have a route set up in TS22,
The coal mine (basic), lumber mill and refinery are OK.
However, the "The good news is that it's relatively simple to support. For scripters, have a look in Industry.gs, where you will find a new variant of AppendDriverDestinations() with a few new parameters, and/or check out the new function on the wiki: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Class_Industry#AppendDriverDestinations_2"
statement is, unfortunately, about as clear as mud to me.

Is it possible to have a real worked example - say with the "steam Filling station2 kuid:-25:876?
This has 2 tracks for loading and unloading, and should be simple enough for a beginner to understand?

Thanks in advance,
Colin

Back