Montreal, October 27 and 28, 2007

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
Open house 2007 October 27 and 28 from 10AM to 4PM

for anyone who will be in the Montreal, QC, CA area in October this year, why not come and visit?

For the past few years several local members have been going and had a blast every time. One especially interesting "extra" is the floor shaking rumble from full scale trains passing over head since the show is held under the mainline entering Central Station in downtown Montreal.

If you'll be in the area, post here and perhaps we can plan a group event.

Hi, Martin:

I will try and come out this year. It is a great show and the only really major one in Montreal each year. The model railroad club's layout is very impressive ... one of the bext that I have ever seen.

Russ in Oakville, Ontario, Canada

The show is a go.
MRMA_2007a.jpg

Description

MRMA_2007b.jpg

How to get there.

A bit smaller in size due to some building reorganization by CN but we'll be there. Will you? Let us know if you can help demonstrate our virtual scale hobby or if you can only drop by to say hello.

Hello Martin and Russ!! Long time since my last visit over here.

For a short story, I am now in Sherbrooke, so this could be interesting ;).

I'm keeping this in mind and will see if I could drop by!!

Hi Paul!
For once one that's around my area! Well sort of. ;)
I live in Moravia NY. I will try to get up there though, Montreal Canada, Not too far. lol.

Hello Martin and Russ!! Long time since my last visit over here.

For a short story, I am now in Sherbrooke, so this could be interesting ;).

I'm keeping this in mind and will see if I could drop by!!

Bonjour Max, I'm glad to see you are still around.
I'll bet a lot has happened in your life in the past 4 years since I last saw you. I hope all has been well.

Well, I'll be there too for sure if I'm alive.

Anyone coming out of twon and staying for the two days I have one bed I can offer.

well, if the address is
895 de la Gauchetiere West
Montreal,QC
H3B 4G1,Canada

Either myself or martin could pick you up depending on the time of arrival.
Otherwise just walk south on University Street (Rue University) and you will see the tracks ramp on your left side keep walking until you see the signs for the expo, it is about a 10-mins walk from the station itself. Actually you might just had come over it when entering the station. :D

well, if the address is
895 de la Gauchetiere West
Montreal,QC
H3B 4G1,Canada

Either myself or martin could pick you up depending on the time of arrival.
Otherwise just walk south on University Street (Rue University) and you will see the tracks ramp on your left side keep walking until you see the signs for the expo, it is about a 10-mins walk from the station itself. Actually you might just had come over it when entering the station. :D

I thought it might be fairly close and I still have my old boy scout manual which talks about looking for moss on trees to find north and my basic tourist French French phrase book so I should be OK walking. I should arrive Saturday morning for a few hours.

Merci John

See my post # 4 above for a map of the area. As Sam mentioned, it's a short walk south from Central Station (VIA). Looking forward to seeing you there.

Trainz Show

I will see you at the show either Saturday or Sunday. However if you need me to help man the booth, or run a computer showing how the program works, let me know and I will put both days aside for you.

Lewis

All the best

from Trainzers in Sydney

Greetings in Montreal
hope the show goes well -- please post fotos if you take any ( i forgot for our 3 day show in Sydney-- busy selling - struggling with computer etc -- memo to self re- check computer again etc)

Country show in early Nov -- Wagga N.S.W.

Warwick aka Wazzer

Martin do you need an extra monitor or PC?

I'll have my PC / LCD to demo plus a laptop to run movies. If you bring your PC / monitor too, that should be enough. However, an extra monitor could be nice, especially if you can attach two at a time, people would have a better chance to see what is going on.

I have a second pc with the LCD you already got to know from previous show. My current PC has a 22" wide screen and it is a full tower. By the time of the show it will have the 8800GTX 768 installed. if we have enough space for both screens and the tower on the floor I will bring it all, just let me know.

BTW, do we need any extra material? I have the table cloth and pricing forms, still waiting for Russ for the pricing so I can adjust them accordingly.

I believe they mentioned an 8' table so there should be room for a third setup. It could have one of the Trainz Routes running in a loop.

We'll be against a wall so bring any posters and advertising you still have. The table cloth would also be handy.

MonsieurMax:

It is great to hear from you again .. we missed you .... send me an email at rmilland@cogeco.ca with your phone number in it so we can catch up with each other.

Russ in Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Last edited:
Back