Montana Rail Link MP V2 OP-Session's (This aint your daddy's circle burning)

The session we are currently using is "MRL Trainz OPSIG Session Winter" and as far as I know, the session is still up.

EDIT: The session is down due to a power outage on Jib's end.

9e is my version. You need Jibs which is simply 2.9 The name of Jibs session that GN1996 refers is the name that appears in Sessions not CM.

Hi again,
I have an problem finding these two items in the download station :(:
M: UltraTreez-Red Maple 01 (Series Two),<kuid2:72938:40225:2>
M: UltraTreez-Sugar Maple 01 (Series Two),<kuid2:72938:40240:2>
(Due the size of the item i am not be able to download it in the content manager due a bug)

hosting from today sunday 12:54 a.m until Tuesday around 12:00 a.m USA East Coast it is called montana winter 2.9 the route and session is MRL Trainz OPSIG Session Winter hope to see you trainzing out there :).

alright thanks will put the hosting computer on there and check messages when I can if something is not right

This is the currently played session:

MRL Trainz OPSIG Session Winter,<kuid2:344263:100148:2>

You will get the route as a dependency.

Welcome to Trainz.

Working on the next update for MRL. Here's a screen shot of one of the towns that has had its industry changed and the town has has a bit of a make over.

Jib228_20130129_0000_zpsc246af09.jpg

Cay you guys guess the town? Can you spot the Easter Egg(s)?

is the easter egg either the hummer or the waffle house? I also would like to thank those that joined my session this weekend hopefully we can have more this month to run on.

Nope, and nope. But close Beattie. I took this shot to try blocking them.

Im liking the trees, but don't expect them to look the same come update. Im using any angle billboard trees, but I might thin them out a bit. But so far, still getting good frame rates where I have put them in. But as I said, trees are just one thing getting updated on this route. New/more scenery. Reworked industries. Track work getting another once over.

Hi again,
I have an problem finding these two items in the download station :(:
(Due the size of the item i am not be able to download it in the content manager due a bug)

Hi, i have an update for the for me "unable to find" on download station list (with opsig session included)
Berkshire Engine Sound JB,<kuid:344263:100158>

Due the size of the files it fails to download it in the content manager to a known bug but it is not aviable to download on the download station (http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php)

Hello all! just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in joining a session tonight if i hosted it. We're talking 10PM estern time for about two hours.

After struggling with the session over the last few days I have concluded the hassle of trying to get the cars to load/unload far outweighs any enjoyment I get from the session. Pro-Lars Industries simply don,t work properly in this session. One reason is the difficulty in knowing the exact spot to place the cars in some industries. Another is not knowing how long it takes before the Cars begin to load/unload without going into Surveyor. Whatever the reason, I have been unable to get a number of Industries to work at all e.g The General Goods Siding near Livingston Station. Nor do I like the lack of the Drive and Navigate Driver Commands. I also dislike only having one driver assigned to me. On a more positive note The Iportals are an innovative idea which do increase my enjoyment of the session. It is unlikely, however, that I will continue play this session in it,s present form. Could I also thank the player who took the three locomotives from Bozeman that I was using to fill the Power Station with Coal. Quite how he expected me to do it without the aid of locomotives is beyond me!

Om sorry Colour, I'll go undo all MY hard work and put back in those multi industries that load cars instantly. Cause that's just what YOU want in a session. Adn Ill let you claim and hoard all the drivers, cause that's what YOU want. And Ill give YOU all your stupid AI commands so you dont have to drive a train. Lets just forget the fact that its MY session set up the way that I want it. Nope, I'll go tailor MY just for YOU.

-end sarcasm-

I use the PL industries rather then the multi as I like the fact that you have to spot the car and leave it there. The other type, you roll up and load. Not very prototypical. And as I have said at least 5 times to you now, you must wait a minimum of 15 minuets for a car to start loading at a PL industry. This represents the time it takes to unlock the doors, open the doors, place loading ramps, and get a fork lift into a car. Or attach pipes to a tank car to load or unload it. The time it takes to unlock and open all the hatches on a covered hopper. Or to undo all the tie downs on a flat car.

And last time I checked, when driving a train, an engineer can only be in one locomotive at a time. Until you can prove to me a way an engineer can be in two or more places at the same time, the one driver limit in TOPSIG sessions will stay.

As for AI. Time and time again we are show how stupid that AI can be. And the fact that AI ignores what others are doing. And example of this, which has happened in other MP sessions. I was working a town when an AI train came up, blocked all my turnouts, and waited for me to move. But I couldn't, as the only two places I could go where right where that AI train was. Or behind me where another AI train was waiting for me to get out of the way. And the best part, the person running those AI trains was AFK.

Now I can understand why you want AI Colour, you want to just tell that long coal train from Logan to drive to Billings. Then, while the AI is doing that, go off and do your own thing away from your computers. That's understandable. But now we have a train, that will do what ever it wants ignoring other players driving all the way to Billings form Logan. And no way of stopping it. So now we basically have a run away train.

TOPSIG stand for Trains Operation Special Interest Group. This means we run trains in the most prototypical way possible. If you dont like it, there's the door. And really, I dont make these sessions for YOU, I make them for ME. I set them up the way I think they should be ran. If you dont like that, there are other sessions and routes that I think you will like. Its no skin off my back if you dont want to join. Im not looking for the Colourlight seal of approval.

-end rant-

I agree with much of what you have said Jib, I have been able to get the AI to work much better but it takes a lot of fancy rules, using JR's SafeTran signals and JR's SingleLink box. As for using AI in the MP session it could be used but as you stated it is problematic. One more though on the power, I sent that coal train from the east and wanted to use the loco's to bring cars back but they were in use. I think foreign power should be taken off the train and MRL power used for switching moves on the route that way the foreign power can be used to send a train back to the home road.

Jib, You seem to have missed the point as to why I, and others I might add, would like more than one AI driver. Actually I would be happy with just two. Furthermore your sarcastic comments about me wanting to grab and hoard ALL the drivers could not be further from the truth. The reason I want 2 AI drivers is to enable to me to do more work in the session to make it a good one. For example nobody else seemed inclined to service the power Stations so I felt that I ought to do it. We can,t all swan about in Passenger trains and not make an effort to make it an enjoyable session for people who join it. If an AI driver took a coal train from say, Livingston to Billings for me that would leave me free to carry out other tasks such as sorting the yards out, train preparation etc! I have not exactly come down with the last shower and years of playing Trainz have taught me what AI drivers do if you don,t supervise them carefully. in any case when other people are in the session I tend not to use them at all if there is a risk of a conflict. I certainly do not, as you said, employ AI drivers so I can go away from the keyboard. I do not, as you have alleged want the Pro Lars Industries replaced with MIN,S. My problem with the Pro Lars industries are as follows. 1. Unlike Danny's session they are not all clearly marked in the session as to where you need to place your cars which must be placed in exactly the right position. 2 The time between placing the car and the time the process starts varies from Industry to Industry so you cannot determine whether or not it will work. 3 I placed cars at two industries earlier today and after several hours nothing had happened. Perhaps in future you will actually take the time to consider my remarks before you have a totally unjustified Rant at me when all I,m trying to do is make it a good session for everyone. Perhaps in future I should be selfish and do what I want with a total disregard for others.

The industries are marked with with rail joiners at each end of the fixed track.

And still one driver, one train. Unless, like I said, you know of a way to be in two places at once. Even if not under AI control, if trying to drive two trains means that 50% of the time your not paying attention to one train or the other. Yes it lets you get more done. But is too problematic for MP. AI in MP is like a 2 year old running around with a chain saw, some thing bad is bound to happen.

The time is marked down in the industry list that I posted in the TOPSIG forum.

And what others? You seam to be the only one who wants AI.

Back