Montana Rail Link MP V2 OP-Session's (This aint your daddy's circle burning)

That's great. It,s supposed to improve Trainz not scew it up completely. SP1 should not be downloaded until the hotfix patch has been released so installing it today is a bad idea.

Installing it today.

Just so I know what might be broken on MRL so as to fix it. The only problem I see reported so far, is that AI coupling might cause derailments. Which is no big deal as you shouldn't let AI do that.

FYI,

SP1 57720 breaks some of the MRL route content and some session equipment etc...

Did you run an EDR? From what I've read, the people who have done that have little to no problems. For those of you who didn't run an EDR, do so.

Did you run an EDR? From what I've read, the people who have done that have little to no problems. For those of you who didn't run an EDR, do so.

Funny thing is I had no errors in CM until I did the EDR which I did twice. Now most of my payware loco's are broken :'(

Jib228, I know you are doing a update to MRL now ,but is the MRL going to be replaced by some other Route?
I don't want to learn all i need to know about MRL and then have to learn a new Route & all it INDs,towns,Stations & yards.

Yes and no Danny. My Saginaw sub will have an MP session. And once it reaches an acceptable level of completion I will shift focus to it. But I'll still keep MRL working after the release of the Sag. I just wont do the major updates that I have done in the past.

The Saginaw sub isn't too different form MRL. 4 yards like on MRL, with one not really used. Industrial areas with plenty of switching and main line runs. But its much shorter. Once all done, to total line is only 150 miles. But Im doing a chunk of it, only about 50 miles of it.

But all this is still months off. I keep pushing work back on the Sag due to work on MRL updates.

Speaking of which. I hope to finish and upload the MRL 3.1 update tonight. Patching Trainz yesterday took all day as I had to do a full reinstall. And before you say its an SP1 bug that cause it, it wasn't. The power went out half way through the patch and it killed my instal of TRS12. Lucky I thought a head and had backed up every thing, so nothing was lost.

I have a, still working on, industry list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjViFmroBUm-dFZPLVpkdXMtNG9MWndORl82a2hWZEE&usp=sharing

Once I have the last few industries replaced, and any new ones added, I can make a product flow chart. A flow chat will help us in making up trains in yards. We'll know what goes where from what yard.

Bump! I have an idea as to why MRL is not working in MP. Try changing the build numbers of the route and session to 3.6 and then uploading the route. I have several MP routes that work, but they don't have the 3.7 build number like MRL does.

So Jib doesn't have to waste a lot of his time, I have already started the process with my recently uploaded route. I'm uploading the new version with build number 3.6 as I type. All we have to do is wait for the results.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the huge amount of content for this version: Montana Rail Link 12 MP v3.1,<kuid2:344263:100004:16>. You may not be aware that the Cd SD40 Trucks and KUID2:81997:53009:2 are red lined and also there is faulty content: Grade Xing US 07 2L 2T 315,<kuid2:39134:101153:1>, Grade Xing US 07 2L 4T,<kuid2:39134:101148:1>

Last edited:
I am sorry to report that the above inhibits Multiplayer on initial download. Could not Host. To resolve the issue, you must view in the main list the session, then locate the two items with missing dependencies. The NP Steam dependency is easy by the viewing its missing dependency then downloading. The Conrail SD40 you will see that the trucks are updated, therefore locating the download with Asset Versions is required. Well, let's hope I can host after these minor glitches and solutions. UPDATE: Could not host on second attempt, so went to faulty content and viewed each error/warning which then made them no longer faulty. Attempt Number 3 to host. Update #2: Third Attempt to host was unsuccessful. Not sure why at this point and I am sorry I am reporting this to you after your hard work. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Last edited:
Its a known bug. After SP1 a lot of content on MRL got screwed up. In a fit of rage after SP1 screwed up some assets, and the number of other bugs and issues I was having with it I sort of threw MRL on the fathers back burner I could find. I might go back to it in a few weeks or months. Its not a high priority thing right now as the interest in running MRL in MP seams to have weaned off a lot.

Those assets in question might have broken during the SP1.

In other MRL news:

There are a lot of things I like and don't like about MRL.

What I like:
Nice big yards
Nice long main line
Lots of industries to work
You can haul long trains

What I don't like:
So big, you hardly ever see the 2-3 other people running with you
Never enough people on to do every thing

What Id like to see in an MP route:
Interesting industries (MRL has)
Mainline run (MRL has)
Plenty of interaction between players (MRL fails at this right now due to low number of players)
Yards that work. (MRL has)
Not so long that it takes for ever to get from town to town. (MRL fails this, but I think the hard core fans of MRL like it, I know I do. But seeing as many of our players don't have 8 hours to commit to running Trainz, MRL might not be a good route for them.)
Not so small that players are on top of each other. (MRL dose good on this, but other smaller routes don't)

So Ive taken these things into consideration and am building a route that meets my ideal MP route. But there is a twist to it that some might like. I don't want to say too much here, but when I get home from vacation, I might make more of an announcement. Be on the look out for The Lake Prenstion and Mount Price RR.

As for MRL, like I siad, it might be a while before I come back to it. Once the demand is high again for it, then I will. As I see it, only a hand full of people would like to run it. But I do intend to get back to it, one day.

I look forward to your new projects. With everything you wrote, I really question why Patches have to be such a huge conflict with our hard work. Enjoy your vacation.

Anyone gotten this to work on Trainz Mac? Trainz mac file trainz-build number is the same as Trainz 12. I have tried downloading it all but it says there are a few scenery things that it cant find the files on and thus always gives me the missing dependency. when i try downloading the dependency, it searches then says complete???

Anyone gotten this to work on Trainz Mac? Trainz mac file trainz-build number is the same as Trainz 12. I have tried downloading it all but it says there are a few scenery things that it cant find the files on and thus always gives me the missing dependency. when i try downloading the dependency, it searches then says complete???

Its a known bug. After SP1 a lot of content on MRL got screwed up. In a fit of rage after SP1 screwed up some assets, and the number of other bugs and issues I was having with it I sort of threw MRL on the fathers back burner I could find. I might go back to it in a few weeks or months. Its not a high priority thing right now as the interest in running MRL in MP seams to have weaned off a lot.

Those assets in question might have broken during the SP1.

That should help answer your question/problem. It might not work at all on MAC, as I dont have a MAC to test or build on. So I really cant give to much help on that end. With the missing assets, you cant play MP, but that shouldn't stop you from having fun with it on your own.

I've got plans to make a SP1 HF4 or what ever we are on now version of this route/session. But they are on the way back burner right now. I'm busy with other projects right now, and am on slight reprieve from Trainz.

I think i have it somewhat figured out. some of the missing dependencies can't be found b download station so im wondering if they are built in to the PC versions.
Mainly its issues with the Caboose: V & H baywindow (its the bent dependency or something like that); M:Ultrashrubs-B Freeware (s1); M: UltraShrubs-B-01-Freeware; M:UltraShrubs-j-01; TSM Track WWLL SK Old 11; Says BNSF Mow crane truck is faulty? (sorry still sort of a noob at this).
if i could maybe find those somewhere else and get them downloaded i bet i could run this. I know you don't want any confusion with a dual version of the routes (PC and MAC) as there is no way to make it show up on Mac only. that being said, maybe i could help you in future builds with singleplayer mac testing, as you could then release build compatible with both mac and PC. As i said before, the download station trainz-build identifier (for the config file in all cdps) for mac is 3.6 which is the same as TS12 before the service pack i believe? Mac can do multiplayer but only with other macs as of now.
Anyways, let me know if you are interested in me maybe helping this route be compatible on both with one version of MRL. I love this route (as i live in Montana)

I know the V&H Baywindow is on the DLS as I just checked for it... I made it so I wanted to be sure it was there...
ok here is the best way to find all the missingdependenciess (in windows anyway).
Open Content Manager then search foMontanane Rail Link 12, it should have a puzzle thing with ! or ? in it. Drag it into Download Helper and click start. This should search the DLS for the missing items and download and install them.

Ya mac is similar. in the manage content we can go to custon and search for missing dependencies and true. then we right click and hit show dependencies. Only issue i have is that when i try to download the missing dependencies, it searches for them and then says complete (without installing, like its not available or already installed)

Like I said,twice now, SP1 screwed up a few assets and they show as missing or broken and are unavailable. This is some thing on my to-do list for when I come around to working on that route. you should still be able to make your own single player session for it though.

Back