Montana Rail Link MP V2 OP-Session's (This aint your daddy's circle burning)

Thanks for the quick reply, i am currently downloading the most recent version (3 jan) Montana rail link v2,9 winter
Also in reply to the first class ticket: i first want to try the MP instead of buying double the game for something i do not maybe play that much. (trainz is €7.99 on steam, and for "unknown fast download speed" 1 year: 24.99 us$ in euro = 18.95€or 9.85€ for 30 days) it seems the "free" is capped at ~5KBps ?

Last edited:
As long as the servers stay up and we keep crews running. Ill keep the server up until some time Sunday.

It might. Never hurts to try. So long as you have build 49922, or the Mac version of that.
So, assuming I have multiplayer and all the content downloaded - it should work? I'm guessing it would, assuming all required content isn't version specific.

The actual content (kuids) is not version specific, except for the Route and Session, of course. It is a very large route so you really need a First Class Ticket and a decent download speed. Apart from that it,s just a question of dragging the latest session to the download helper, fire it up and wait patiently. When it has finished you get to the really exciting part,lol! Select the session again, view dependencies, and there will most likely be some missing so... "view in main list" tab. Scroll down the list and drag the offenders to the to the download box and download once more. Do a check to see if you have them all and start Trainz from CM to commit them all. (top left tab).

I downloaded the Montana Rail 1.5 session and it is downloading its dependencies (I hope I spelled it right) right now, though there are some things that say I require Paintshed. How do I get it?

I require Paintshed. How do I get it?
You don't.
To solve this "missing dependency", clean out your download list and only add the item that thinks it needs it. Click retry on download a few times and it will pick it up and solve your problem.
If that does not solve it, right-click the item and select "show dependencies", list them and download the item you are missing. Same deal: Click retry a few times till it pikes it up.

I downloaded the Montana Rail 1.5 session and it is downloading its dependencies (I hope I spelled it right) right now, though there are some things that say I require Paintshed. How do I get it?

1.5 is a bit dated. we are on 2.9 winter right now.

BUT, do to a few derailemnts, and the rerails not yet working again, Ive had to do a session restart.

Due to some network issues on my end I had to shut the server down last night. (Needed to reboot my router and modem)

I think rather then do a session once a week for a day. Maybe once a month have weekend long sessions. If that is the case, when I host it will be an op-session and there will be specific tasks to do. And to help better facilitate that, I have a list of what changes I need to make to the session. So there might be an update for the session only soon.

Also to be noted, I will be making a decent sized update to the route over the next few weeks. I plan to not only rework 99% of the industries, but to make a list of them as I go. Some thing I should have done when I first put them in.

My session, Montana Rail Link v.2.9e is now available in Content Manager. I have made it compatible with Montana Rail Link 12 MP v2.9 Winter by rerailing 2 pairs of locos at Laurel and adding 4 Santa Fe Steam Loco's, 2 at Laurel and 2 at Helena. I have also made a few other changes to the Locomotive Fleet. A awvr 1206 has been withdrawn from Livingston Yard and an additional pair of Alco's can be found at Billings. There is also a new class of Locomotives at Laurel, a pair of ATSF FT'S. A pair of Orange GN GP 3,s have been replaced with a blue pair in Helena. Rolling Stock Changes: Two sets of coaches introduced, one at Laurel and one at Helena and a few tank cars added to the Crude Oil sidings at Clarkson already loaded with crude. Another 2 hoppers that don,t convey a commodity have been sent to the Great Railway Yard in the Sky!
Thats about it for this version. When Jib completes his new Route I will undertake a review of all my Locomotives and Rolling Stock which may result in a lot of changes being made. And, Jib if you get rid of those annoying 10 mph speed restrictions in Laurel and Livingston you won,t hear me complain,lol!

Got rid of all 10mph speed restrictions. As well, I am working one replacing all the industries. So far about 33 have been replaced, and 2 more have been added, and Ive only gotten to Livingston from Helena. (Billings is going to get a HUGE update!) Fixed some tack work, and removed an asset that tends to show up ans faulty.

The industries are all Proto Lars, and are set with any thing between a 10 min delay to a 60 min delay on when they start to load/unload cars. This way, you'll spot a car at the industry, then come back later to find the car loaded or unloaded. This will make sessions more prototypical.

Still got a ways to go though. Making my industry list as I place each industry, and this list included the delay to when the car's star to load/unload.

I,m starting my MRL Session v 2.9 e (see my previous post) in the hope somebody can and will join it. I am also in Teamspeak MRL Channel 108.91.138.12

Hey guys, Long time no see. Got kinda busy with work/life. Hows the sessions coming? And what do i need to download to start joining again?

Download the session "Montana Rail Link 12 mp session 2.9. Then check for "Missing Dependencies" then "View in Main List" tab. Download everything all missing dependencies which should include the route. If the route is not included it is called the same thing as the session with "Winter" added at the end. Please note none of the dependencies should be locally modified (green triangle). Be aware that buying payware from any source or freeware from anywhere except CM/DLS can screw up your session.

Back