Missing textures (2006)

Talismana

I have merged my route with 260 baseboards to a route with 70 bbs. Everything went smooth and fine, I only had to reconnect some tracks to industrial objects that lost their connections.

What I´m not able to solve is that the merged route lost many of its textures. I find them in the texturebox but nothing happens when I try to put them back manually on the map.

I understand that there is a limit of how many textures that can be handled (150?). I have searched and found the kuids for other textures that I never use and deleted them, hoping this would give place for the wanted ones. I used the option of deleting missing assets at startup and thought that would be all I needed to do after deleting the unwanted kuids, but in vain. Nothing still happens when I try to use the wanted textures. I can see them but not use them...

I would appreciate very much if somebode can give me a hint of how to solve this problem.

Cheers,
Håkan

There is a limit to the number of textures that a map can use. When you merge maps normaly the merged map will only show the original maps used textures, if the max was used, and any other textures not on the original will not display. This will mean having to retexture the blank area with those that are available. You can have as many textures as you like in your selection area, it is only the number used on a map that counts.

Last edited:
There is a limit to the number of textures that a map can use. When you merge maps normaly the merged map will only show the original maps used textures, if the max was used, and any other textures not on the original will not display. This will mean having to retexture the blank area with those that are available. You can have as many textures as you like in your selection area, it is only the number used on a map that counts.

Thanks stagecoach!
Your answer makes me understand that it was as I supected. I thought maybe there was a way around...
Håkan

re----There is a limit to the number of textures

----There is a limit to the number of textures---

Are you sure about that ? , I had a problem with not being able to use some of the textures that i had downloaded and was told in a reply as to why i couldnt use some, they said that there was a maximum of around 250 different textures that could be used in any one layout !
I must have used that amount and thats why i could use any others that i`d downloaded .
Is there a limit to hwo many different textures one can use or was what i was told incorrect ?
regards John (stockline )

oh heck , i`ve just read the post again ----------
I miss read it as "there isnt a limit" not "there IS a limit !! so sorry been playing tranz all evenig getting tired time for bed ,please ignore my previous posting.
regards stockline :(

Back