Missing kuid:268447:1959

wtokich

Hello all, I downloaded a train called "Adam" from wildnorwester's website and it is missing the above asset. I tried sending an email via the website and private message via the forum with no response. If any one knows where I can find this kuid or can send it to me I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 19 year old autistic son and he doesn't understand why the train is broken and gets really upset when I can't fix it.

Please open loco config file and post name of missing kuid.
You may be able to replace kuid.
IE: horn sound,
Possible another loco on his site may has missing kuid.
Please post site link.

Example..I had to DL a bunch of F7's by the same author to get a missing kuid for one F7.

Last edited:
From the Adam config file, your missing kuid is identified as an engine sound. The kuid number indicates skarloey123 was the engine sound author. My guess is one of the locos on skarloey's site, http://www.si3d.co.nr/, will have the sound embedded in a download.

Option 2 is to use register on the forum on http://www.si3d.co.nr/ and ask the question.

Finally, you can edit the engine to have a different sound, selected from your local or builtin content.

You can edit that line in the config file enginesound kuid numeral: <kuid:268447:1959> ... and replace it with another enginesound kiud numeral: (looking for a good one for you) any steam enginesound would do.

Are you sure the asset has no other missing kuids, errors ?

Are you sure the kuid:268447:1959 is config file tag line enginesound ?

Fixed

Error missing enginesound.......
EZer to replace with almost any default steam engine sound.

Hey guys thanks for the help I got it fixed. I'm not much into creating trains my son mainly uses the program. I was able to change the engine sound and now the train works.

Replacement of the "engine sound" was the first of my three paths forward for you in post #3.

Finally, you can edit the engine to have a different sound, selected from your local or builtin content.

You should get the Thomas-the-Tank-style sound in any event from the other 2 avenues, chances are he will want more from that engine series.

Clarification needed: One must read which loco in the search results contains the kuid (in this case the loco Wilbert), find it on the page and then download a loco asset to get the engine sound.

Last edited:
Back