Missing Dependicies Help - RWS Locos by camscott

wtokich

Hello all you Trainz users out there. I have an 18 year old autistic son that asked me to download a Thomas train from this website www.thesudriancommunity.com under RWS Locos. It was created by camscott. We have Trainz 2009 and this is missing some dependicies and I can't find them anywhere and my son is freaking out because Thomas is broken. In the railyard the name of the train appears but no picture of the train. If anybody could direct me to a website or a link to find these dependicies I would greatly appreciate it. Here is what is missing;

kuid:311512:6002
kuid2:126323:54008:2

I have sent an email to the contact listed for the Sudrian Community and found an email in the asset information for camscott. Neither entity has yet to reply. Content manager says it can't find a URL for these, where is that information in the asset file, how does it know where to look?

Your help is greatly appreciated my son is really stressing out over this. :confused:

Hi

I don't have TRS2009 installed but I've just checked in TS2010 and TS2012 and both assets show as built in. The top one is by Auran and is called Steam3 and is build 1.3 and the bottom one is called LMS 4F Whistle by trw1089 and is build 2.4. I have the SnC add on installed in both versions of Trainz though so it is just possible that they are showing as built in because of that.

Try searching for them by name in CMP and see if the 4F whistle is installed but at an earlier version. If it isn't then there is an earlier version on the DLS black pages http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php making sure that you have ticked all the boxes then search for it by name. Once you have got it you will need to edit the config file in two places by changing the version number from 2 to 1. If you are unsure of how to do that let me know and I will walk you through it.

Regards

Brian

I hate to say this, but after some online searching, I can confirm that the others are from the Settle and Carlisle (S&C) Expansion Pack payware. If you don't want to pay to get the other KUID's, go to the website I suggested. All the dependencies should be on that website or on other websites. They have links to the websites that have those dependencies.

Thanks for the reply. He already has some of the 3D Thomas engines. He really wants this one and is obcessing on getting it fixed.

Thank you I'll see what I can find. Since these are just smoke and a whistle why doesn't the train appear in the railyard? I'm I missing something else possibly?

Thank you I'll see what I can find. Since these are just smoke and a whistle why doesn't the train appear in the railyard? I'm I missing something else possibly?
If you go to Main Menu --> Options, tick the Compatibility Mode box and re-start the game, a lot of faulty stuff should start working.

TRS2009 is probably set to Native Mode, which means that only error-free content will work.

You can always replace the smoke and whistle with another one, maybe take the whistle from SI3D 2009's Thomas?

Kieran.

Back