Missing content?

TheFlyingElf

Thanks for the help so far.

I've had no luck sorting out the missing content though, so maybe I can ask for some more advice...here's the problem...

In TRS2004 we've downloaded various locos and rolling stock using the DLS. Several of these new items appear in the list in the Railyard, but there is no thumbnail, and no loco/wagon appears when you click on it.

We've also downloaded TrainzObjectz and the viewer...we've checked for missing RS parts and dependencies, and downloaded all those that were reported...but still no luck when we go back to TRS.

Also...when we start TO we get a message that Paintshed isn't initiallized...we've created and saved a loco and a wagon, which the message says will make TRS recognise Paintshed, but the message won't go away!

Any help on these 2 issues will be gratefully received...it's not the end of the world as we've just started with Trainz and will probably take ages to master the basics, but I'd like to get them sorted out for later.

Cheers,

Nige

Nige --

You seem to have covered most bases, so it's very unusual that the items do not appear.

The most common cause of what you are experiencing are missing dependencies - either the bogeys, the cab, or the sounds.

Which ones in particular are causing you all this pain?

One additional question - they do not appear in Railyard, but do they appear when you add them to the track in Surveyor?

Phil

I've been through the missing ones again...very carefully...found 2 missing sounds! Now all the downloaded items appear in both Railyard and Surveyor, although there are some missing thumbnails (I'm not worried about that!).

Thanks,

Nige

This is REALLY frustrating!

Some of the missing content that re-appeared earlier today, has now mysteriously disappeared again...AND...another loco (Virgin class 57 Thunderbird) has vanished from TRS2004, although it's listed in TO.

Has anyone else had this problem of downloaded content disappearing, or not being visible in TRS?

...maybe I should uninstall / reinstall?

Nige

Check the trainz build of the assets. For TRS2004 with SP4 installed it should be 2.4 or lower. And check the build of all dependencies. Sound like you have items built for TRS2006.

To fix the Paintshed issue do this:

add the following to ..Auran\TRS2004\Settings\caching.txt file

world_cache_paintshed 1

This forces TRS2004 to generate the necessary Paintshed chump files.

William

Last edited:
If this is the loco:

kuid:82132:5730

It is a paintshed reskin. Fixing the Paintshed issue should solve your problem.

William

Back