Mile length guide

Andres_Nunez

Buffalonian
Hey guys

i was wondering if somebody ever made a guide for distances, i want to make a route thats about 30-40 miles long and i would really like a guide to measure mile distance.

There are a few on the DLS.

1 Mile Stick kuid:68236:102 by magandy is the simplest. There are others designed for track which can be found under title search 1 mile.

Alternatively there is the built in Surveyor Ruler Tools for measuring distance range (and bearings in later versions) across the terrain.

I have a set of consists made up with BR coaches, first consist measures 8 furlongs (1 mile), next one 7 and so on down to 1 furlong. This is one way to be able to place the mile markers, by the way I believe that distance markers in the UK and in increments of half a mile, ie 2M 4F, some may have 2.5M. To be realistic though one needs to know where the start point is. For instance in Yorkshire I believe that York is a starting point.
Also if you need to see what is installed on the track including distance then use Scan Track, add to Session Rules, place a Track Scanner marker at the start point and another at the end point. Select the ? and click on one of the markers. this will provide the distance between the markers together with a wealth of other information.
Hey i was wondering if somebody ever made a guide for distances, i want to make a route thats about 30-40 miles long and i would really like a guide to measure mile distance.

i was wondering if somebody ever made a guide for distances, i want to make a route thats about 30-40 miles long and i would really like a guide to measure mile distance.
In TS12 there is a ruler that will give you the distances.

If you patch to TS12 service pack 1, the ruler will even tell you angles.

To measure a mile on a curving track, follow the advise given before: Make a consist of the right length. I would suggest you do not use long cars though as they will be off more when the track is more curved than shorter cars will.

Boat, I believe made some wagons (train cars) that when connected together equal quarter mile lengths. You might find these useful because you can roll them along as needed.

John

Back