Train came to immediate stop and then started again.

autodctr

First time running new layout. No AI at all used: I run everything manually. Route is over 200 miles in length. At about 110 miles, train enters a station. (I have used this station many times before with no issues.) With no input from me, train immediately goes from 70MPH to Zero (in less than a second) and then proceeded at normal acceleration back up to 70MPH.

Since the route is so long, I put an identical train on the track a good distance from that station. Started the train and it went right through the station like I expected.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Noticed nothing like that. The fact that the train stopped and the readout said 0 MPH and then it slowly built back up speed, leads me to believe that did not happen. Additionally, I have all the graphics turned the whole way down while I am building. Normally, this machine will run just fine with everything maxed out, 20 -30 trains running at once, and a solid 60 FPS.

It's station suck. If you are driving using the Cab controls, you'll run into this with some of the stations. It's one of those age-old problems that occasionally raises its head. I remember first encountering this in TRS2004.

That's weird! I have used this station many times and have never experienced that! I always drive using the cab controls.

That's weird! I have used this station many times and have never experienced that! I always drive using the cab controls.
It is weird and annoying. I've used the same stations for years then all of a sudden, my trains would halt suddenly at the station as if they magnetic atomic brakes and then continue on. It doesn't happen all the time, making this really annoying.

Back